Chapter Five

After me, Kyle and Maddison had calmed down and the mess I made was taken care of by Maddi. She thought my generosity was uncalled. Should have done got the snacks and drinks yourself sis.

As for the movie, the man with the fancy glove was weird. There were a few heroes though that seemed pretty cool.

As usual Kyle was loving every moment of the movie. At some points I thought he was loosing his marbles but him being happy makes me happy.

When the movie ended I decided that I was going to just do my own thing. "Where are going don't you wanna watch another movie Caiden?" I look to my brother and see his wondering eyes stare intently waiting for me to answer back.

"I would like to but I want some me time today but we can watch some more movies tonight before we go to bed ok?" I give him a questioning glance hoping he understands. He gives me a small smile letting me know we're good. "Ok, be sure your ready for tonight baby brother. We'll have so much fun, I promise."

I give him a hug knowing I wouldn't be able to get out of here if he didn't get one, then give one to Maddison as well just to be safe. After leaving the two I make my way out the back door and wander into the woods at the end of are yard.

I like taking long walks into the woods when I can, it just feels so natural to be surrounded by nature itself. During these walks I like to interact with with my surroundings testing out new ideas with magic or just to test the limits of this world so many of us call home.

I've brought my friends along with me on my magical adventures in the woods. They really enjoy watching me manipulate and control anything within are view. Which one day led to them convincing me to make a secret hide out under a massive tree. It was a lot of fun but we haven't been there in so long, I'm pretty sure an animal or so has made its home there by now.

The main purpose for my me time is just trying figuring out myself and why I'm so different from all the other fairies I've ever known. I'm not having an identity crisis or anything but as far as I know I'm the only one with the range of abilities of two different fairies.

And with me being the way I am, school is a nightmare. I mean just learning 'ordinary' thing like math, science, and so on can be a drag but I have to double down in the magical department being both light and dark.

But it's not all to bad, sure I don't really speak to anyone at school besides my small group of friends. Mostly due to being so unusual in the aspects just about everything. Not many want to be around me. Everyone loves my brother and sister though. Many think being friends with them means a boost in popularity due to my family's status on both the light and dark side.

I've even had my fair share of people try to be my supposed friend thinking there's a benefit hanging around me. I may be quiet and shy but there's one thing I'm not, I'm no idiot.

After wondering around in the woods for a while, I thought it best to sit down in my favorite spot a bit round smooth rock in the middle of a creek. It's a lovely spot especially with the suns like casting through the canopy of trees along with the gentle breeze of the wind.

This is my favorite pass time to relax and let everything go. It's like my own world away from everything. I tend to come here more often when both sides of my family come all together here for family oriented events and holidays. Don't get me wrong I adore my family but some of the relics like to think that one side of the family is superior to the other. They tend to tell me "Caiden do not fret the light/dark side will expel such distasteful magic from your body soon enough."