chapter seventeen

Prime walked out of the medical wing with Pogo and spoke up," Pogo, I'm sorry as well—I never realized how hard it must be for you, having to lie, and then mom

"I restored her—Ms Prime," He said

She snapped her head to him," What? But I thought we had to wait— He shook his head and smiled

"Do, do you know who did it?" She asked slowly

He hesitated but spoke, "Diego" and Prime closed her eyes

"Oh, Diego..." Prime said exhaling, "Did you get the surveillance from her memory chips, on why he did it?" She inquired

"Yes, follow me, I'll show you" She nodded as she strode behind him to the monitors. They both managed to maintain Grace's system—it was a hidden room in Reginald's Office that was behind a bookcase that revealed a hidden passage to a chamber.

Pogo pulled the book as the bookcase opened slowly and Prime followed him inside. They both sat in front of the main computer as he put in a disk as all the monitors around lit up—the screens showed Grace's system settings and system vitals.

Prime watched what had happened the night Grace had been terminated.

...

FLASHBACK TAPE

Through her eyes, she was looking down and humming as she did Knitwork, Prime scrunched her nose and looked at Pogo," Did turning off her first aid settings mess with something else?" She asked as she saw the thread of the needle running through her skin. As Grace looked up appearing to be in a daze.

"No, you should know the reason"

Prime looked at him and gritted her teeth, "It's because she, knows the truth about Dad, isn't it" She muttered incoherently and he bowed in return.

Prime looked back at the screen as someone called out," Mom? You Okay?" Prime turned to the screen that lit up as her system core vitals went up as she was asked the question.

"Of course, I am," She said lovingly

"You didn't hear the noises?" Diego asked and hesitated but continued," The guys in the masks that just shot up the house?" Grace chuckled as Prime watched her vitals go up again.

"She must be overheating not being able to tell him, Pogo, what have we done" Prime said feeling hurt, knowing Grace couldn't feel physical pain, but Grace, she was special, she felt emotional pain—Prime knew she did. Reginald made her, and he was a genius, he was capable, just like how he was able to make the power he injected into Prime through the serum.

"What are you talking about, silly?" She said peering up at him, she looked back to her knitting work and went back to sewing as she once again stabbed herself with her needle making the thread run through, after a good solid minute, Diego knelt in front of her as she slowly looked him in the eyes.