Chapter 6 - For Now

A big hand shook my shoulder cautiously, a male, deep voice called my name softly. I opened my eyes, let my eyes adjust the bright light from the window and turned to the voice. Robert.
“Good morning, sweetheart”, he said, starting to smile. He stood next to my bed in a black suit, white shirt and a black tie, looking down on me.
I frowned, turned away and closed my eyes again. But his voice turned from a soft whisper to an angry growl: “Stand up, Aurora. Get up, get dressed and come downstairs. We’ll breakfast together. If you aren't downstairs in 10 minutes, it’ll have consequences”
He left the room, slammed the door and left my with a tiny heart attack. Remember when I said I kind of feared him? Well, I didn't know what I was talking about back then. This, what I feel right now, is fear.
9 minutes later I went downstairs and sat on the table to his opposite, ignoring him at any cost. I didn't even dare to look in his face.
“Good morning”, Robert said with a blanc expression, I felt his stare at me.
“Morning”, I mumbled, acting like I was just thinking about what I want on my bread.
“Did you get my presents?”
I nodded, showing him the smartwatch around my wrist, added a “Thanks” when he kept staring. In the corner of my eyes I was him getting up, placing his body on the chair next to him. I swallowed, stared at his feet until his hand pulled my chin up, so I was forced to look into his eyes.
“Eye contact when talking, Missy. Didn't your parents teach you manners? You are making the whole thing worse yourself, not me. We could have a great time, but not if you act like an annoying, little kid!”, his last words were angrier then the rest, his eyes seemed black. I was starring in a black hole.
I nodded slowly. I felt like I stopped breathing, like the time stopped right now. His angry, mad expression turned into a huge grin, the color in his eyes came back and two brown gemstones looked at me.
“Oh, sweetie, I want to kiss you so bad right now. I'd love to smash your precious body on this table and make you scream my name, showing you who the boss is in this house and why you better follow my rules. But I’ll hold back. For now”
My eyes widened with every word he said in a husky, deep voice. I swallowed once again, trying to brake eye contact but it was like he nailed me onto them. My shocked face made him laugh out loud, without another word he stood up, took his jacket and left me. My mind was completely empty, I couldn't think straight. It was like he took my brain with him.
What the hell just happened?
I sat there for about half an hour, before I could sort my thoughts. I ate my bread, sat in silence. Trying to figure out, what to think about this guy. I was way too overwhelmed.
The words that replayed in my mind the most were “for now”.
What does this mean? The face he made when he said those words burned like a tattoo into my brain.
Oh, I don’t want to know.
To change the topic in my head and distract myself, I changed into sports clothes and went into one of the rooms I discovered yesterday: Robert’s private gym. He had all kinds of gadgets here, I chose the treadmill and started running.
Imagining running away from here.