Chapter 1 - Aurora

"She is just a kid"

He cried out, hugging the legs of the man in the black suit.

"She isn't part of this"

His cry got louder; his finger tugged into the black trousers of the guy standing in front of him. He kneeled, hoping the devil would show heart for him.

"You brought her into this, you brought your whole family into this"

Silence. Nothing but sobbing filling the dark room.

"You think you deserve another chance?"
Full of hope he looked into the black eyes of the man above him.

"Yes! Yes! Please!"

He formed a smile, nodded with the power left in him.

"Fine. When you pay me back before she reaches her 18th Birthday, you are free, and I won't ever show up to your house again. But once her 17th year if over and I still don't have my money back, you have two options:

I'll kill you and your loving wife, leaving the little girl as orphan. Or, the option you may prefer; I take her with me, cancelling every penny you own me. She'll live a wonderful life, she won't have to worry about money, school or a job.

See? Im not the bad guy. I offer your loving, little sweetheart so much! But, well, on the other hand you'll never see her again"

"This won't happen! You'll have your money, Mr. Downey! You'll have it back, and we will be together as a family!"

He laughed, leaving the father in the shadows. "We'll see" were the last words he heard from him in years.

That night he came home to a pretty wife, the prettiest in the whole world, and a sweet, 8-year-old daughter named Aurora, asleep on the sofa in his living room.
The little house, the car parked in their small garage, nearly everything they own was paid from money they didn't have.
Leaning from someone else seemed like such a great idea, like a Fairy making their wishes come true. But he didn't think about consequences, that the Fairy would want the money back one day.

He didn't go to sleep, sat in front of the old computer and searched for a job. He applied for so many, his wife worked so hard at the restaurant two blocks from here, but it was only enough to buy food and clothes occasionally.

They didn't have much, the most precious thing they had was their daughter. And now someone wanted to take her away as well.

He needed a job, he needed money and he needed it now. How do you manage to get 2 Million dollars in 10 years?