Entry 11

*Ramona's POV*

   I eventually wake up. When I wake, I see buildings. Oh my gosh! I recognize this place! That's the dress shop! Oh and that's the taco restaurant! This is the plaza! I am so ready to pound this guy and escape from his, or I assume it's a him, huge, heaping arms.

"Stop squirming" he muffles.

"Ha! You talked!"

   We enter a hardware store through the back door. He has a key. By this time I know it's a he. No women would have those big arms, ugly fingers, and beer belly. However, if one did, there is one thing a women wouldn't have, a beard. I can see it seeping through the bottom of the mask, practically falling out.

    The store is dark and the man ties me up to a  pole in the back spare room. It's nasty in here and definitely smells of rotting eggs and mold. I pass out after being held to a wet cloth that was masked with a fumey substance.

*Jake's POV*

"So how do we know which route to take? When we looked down the side of the woods before entering we saw three different paths. How do we know this one was the right one?" Cameron asks.

"He doesn't know Cameron."

"Thank you Lindsey. It's just a hope."

   After three hours of walking through the woods on a worn down, awful trail, we come to a halt.

"A cave? We went all this way for a cave?"
Cameron says angered.

"It could be where Ramona is!" Lindsey says brightly.

"Let's go." I insist.

"There's nothing here."

"Lindsey we still have one more room in the cave to check."

"Jake's right, let's hurry up and check the last room."

"Do you see anything?"

"Nope" replies Cameron.

"Yes!" Lindsey says making Jake hopeful.

   I run over to see shoes. Not Ramona, but they are her shoes. She was here. We also find hand and foot cuffs.

"We were so close! How could we have missed her?"

    We decide to walk back. After two hours of walking we have about and hour more to go.

*Romona's POV*

   I wake up ​AGAIN​ from being knocked out. However, this time is different. The strange man is no where near me. I realize I was tied using socks. This won't hold me, I secretly laugh a little in my head, considering the circumstances.

   I use my teeth and untie the socks on my hands connecting to the pole, it was way too easy. I then get up and feel for a door. I find one but its locked. I feel for the opposite door leading into the main part of the store. I quietly find a crowbar and go back to try to open the door. I achieve it and run.

   I'm running and running. Running for my life.

   Just then I see my kidnapper. He seems to be eating food at the taco place. I duck behind the cars left in the parking lot and run faster than I ever knew I could. I couldn't get caught now, if I did, that would be the end for me.

*Jake's POV*

"Only a few more steps and we will be out of this forest. Only a few more." I think to myself.

   As we approached the Jeep after escaping from the haunting forest, I notice something strange. I thought I saw something moving fast in the distance from the corner of my eye. Must be trash floating by. We then start to climb into the Jeep when I take a double look and realize that it is not trash.

"Oh my gosh" I say in relief.

"What?" Asks Lindsey.

"I don't know" whispers Cameron.

The next thing I know, I am running. Running towards Romona.

   She's running a bit slow. She is most likely hungry and tired. I pick up my speed, trying to make her not have to work so hard. I get to her and I rapidly wrap my arms around her into a tight grasp.

My hug never-ending.

Thanks for reading this entry and for the love and support! - A.E.C.

Make sure to hit that star and give this story a vote! ⭐️

A new entry is published every Thursday!