Chapter Five

Four months later, everything was perfect. Sebastian and I got closer and stronger than ever. I, finally, opened up to him and his family about everything. They told me that I could live here permanently. Even, Sebastian swore to protect me forever. I never experienced the whole boyfriend thing, but I really like Sebastian. Surprising much?
"Good morning, beautiful," Sebastian told me as I walked towards the kitchen. I smiled and said," Same to you, handsome." Victoria and Daniel were in the kitchen cooking breakfast. They smiled as they saw me walk to the refrigerator. We exchanged hellos and goodbyes, and I left for school.
A lot has happened over four months. I came clean, got enrolled for my last year in school, and got a car. I made friends with a couple of girls, which were popular. Athletic boys flirted with me everyday, but Sebastian makes it known that I'm not available. I love that about him. He doesn't ty to be controlling, but he knows when I don't want to be bothered. If it's not him or Daniel, I don't want anyone else touching me. I had to get use to others first.
"Hi, chick," Emerald said. She is very popular and Queen B. According to her, she's Queen E and the only. Everyone was afraid of her, but I wasn't. No one dared to confront or question her. I didn't see the big deal. Even though we were cool, she was a blond-haired witch.
"Too much gloss as usual, E," I sarcastically stated. She looked at Jasmin and Katie with deadly frowns. She growled and said to them," I, specifically, asked if I looked flawless, and both of you lied. Why?" They stared in fear and was completely frozen. I didn't mean to say anything that would've offended her to take it out on them. Emerald slammed her hands on the table and went to the restroom.
I apologized to Jasmin and Katie. Even though they understood, I felt bad to do that to them. As we walked to class, Jacob stopped me in the hall. "Beautiful today, Myra," he said. He was the kind of guy that notices you after dating on of your friends. Emerald and Jacob were a thing before I came. Every time I sense jealousy when she's around, but I ignore her and Jacob. I smiled and continued walking with my girls.
After classes were done, I went home. "I saw you talking to Jacob. What was that about?" Emerald asked. I smirked and said, "You saw me ignore him, tool." I continued walking and walking until I got in my car. I could feel her eyes on me as I opened the door, cranked my car, and drove off. I guess my words, like tool, hurt her feelings, but I didn't care. She was a nature-born bully.

The next morning, I stayed in bed to rest. After school yesterday, I went home to garden and teach Lacey Mae how to ride horses. During that process, Sebastian wanted to see if I could bull ride. I lasted eight seconds and plus more, but I fell and got kicked in da side. The pain was excruciating!
"How are you this morning?" Victoria asked. I replied," I'm feeling a little sick, but I think I'll be fine." She turned me over to check my side, and her face turned purple. I wanted to know extremely bad what the problem was. I just couldn't keep my eyes open, so I fell into a deep sleep.
I didn't know what was wrong with me. All I could hear was people fussing over me while pushing me some place. I couldn't feel my legs or anything, but I know I wasn't giving up without a fight. Shortly, I made out that it was doctors and Victoria talking over me. I realized at that instant I was in the hospital. This is not S A F E!