Behind School, 2 PM.

Okay hi! Before you all read, you need to know that the description of this story is what I focus on in this story. But there's also alot of things happening in this story! Just so you know (:

Started writing: 27/3-2019
Published: 27/3-2019

I sat down at my desk, looking at myself in the mirror. I wasn't ready for another day at school, it felt like everybody was going to laugh as soon as I got there. I stood up and walked out the door before my eyes swelled up from tears. I tiptoed down the stairs so that I wouldn't wake my mom, mostly because she had worked all night but also because I'm not in the mood to talk. I strolled through the kitchen and into the hallway. I quietly put on my sneakers that was all gray from stains.
"No breakfast?" a voice speaked, and I assumed it was my stepdad. I turned around slightly.
"I'm stuffed, but thanks" I grabbed my thin jacket that was hanging on a hook.
"Apapap" he said and popped all the 'p's. "You forgot your keys" he continued. I turned around fully and saw what I expected, my stepdad. But what I didn't expect was him sitting beside the refrigerator, holding an empty bottle of beer. I gasped and slammed my jacket on the floor, running to him. I took away his beer, he looked tired and so empty of feeling. "Patrick, how did this happen?" I asked and looked him in the eyes. He almost fell asleep so I started to drag him up, well, at least try to. "I'm okay Rachel, go to school" he held on by the island counter. I released my hands from him and looked for words. "Where's mom?" I asked and Patrick tried to go for another bottle in the fridge, but I slapped his hand. He sighed. "She ran out" he looked down. "We had a fight" he opened his eyes. I had no idea what to do, I was already late and now I had to help my stepdad. "Okay, I'm going to call someone okay? Stay" I said and reached for my phone in my backpocket. Opening up the phone app, I pressed buttons then put it beside my ear. One buzz. Two buzz. Three buzz. "John" he said when he picked up.
"Hi John, it's Rachel" I said. "I know, what's up?"  "It's Patrick, he's kinda in a situation" I told him everything. "You need to come over". I could hear him sighing. "5 minutes, hold on" he answered. 'Great' I thought to myself and hung up.

-

I closed my locker hard after roughly searching for my notebook full with doodles. I jumped of fear. "Rough night?" the person - who was a he - said. "I'm sorry, do I know you?" I said and held my books tight. "Sorry for that, Prescott" he said and stared me in the eyes, we were still beside the lockers. I stared back. "Oh! Richards. Prescott Richards" he said and stretched out a hand.
I didn't take my eyes off of him, instead, I said;

"Sorry, I'm late" I said and scuffed out of our conversation and started walking to my next class.
"No you aren't, your next class starts in 12 minutes" he said kinda loud from behind. I stood still.
"You know that? Have you like stalked my Instagram page?" I said and raised and eyebrow. Many people were walking by and Prescott were suddenly right in front of me. "Look" he turned around searching, probably checking if someone was listening in. "Meet me up behind school at 2 PM" he said and went past me. I stood still and breathed out. I turned around. "Next time" he came back and said. He got down on the floor and picked up something, then he came up. "Draw me" he said and smirked then walked away. I stood there as the bell rang and looked at the pen he picked up, I didn't even notice that I dropped it.

-

I walked slowly as I exited the entrance to school. I went around the left corner and walked for awhile. The school was huge now that I saw it from the side. I started hearing people shouting and screaming lightly. Then it came, more, more and more. I finally started seeing people now. I wrapped my jacket around me tightly. I saw a crowd, with vibrant colours from multiple people. It was like flashing colours. Prescott glanced at me slightly when I was close to the crowd but still far away. He smiled at me. "Hey hey! Guys!" he said, silencing everyone. "Let's welcome, Rachel!" he shouted and everybody went - indeed - silent. A blonde girl raised an eyebrow and said; "Her? Seriously? Do you even know her?"
Prescott looked at the blonde girl. "I'm about to" he said. A guy deeper in the crowd yelled; "YO, isn't that the girl from 7th grade? Dude that was so long ago!" Then he yelled and asked, "Are you still going to therapy?" everybody laughed. This was the moment I feared, everybody looking and laughing at me at the same time. I turned around and started running, slow tears filling up my eyes. I tried to open the entrance to school but it was locked. I was tired of running, I sat down and put my head in my knees, arms wrapped around.

"Hey are you okay?" Prescott said when he came around the corner. I wiped my eyes. "Yes. Of course. Why wouldn't I? I love being reminded of my past". Prescott sat beside me on the stone stairs. "You know, it could be worse" he said with his hands hanging over his knees. "Oh really?" I said. "Yeah. They are only saying things right now, they aren't making any actions" he tried to comfort me. "They did" I wiped my last tear, I could feel that my face was all red. "I should get going, my dad's probably worried" I said and got up to walk. "I'll walk you home" he stood up and brushed off all the dirt he had on his pants. "I don't need help" I said and picked up my bag that was laying flat on the ground. "I don't wanna help, I just wanna be friends" he said. "I don't need friends" I said and walked a bit then stopped and turned around. "This was a mistake. Sorry" I turned around and walked, you could hear Prescott whispering swearwords. I put my bag over my shoulders and walked away. Even though we didn't have any relationship, that was the closest shot I got at making a friend since 7th grade.

-