Kitty Cat Love ; sally (1/?)

I downloaded this stupid dating app, only because my friend pestered me into it. I hadn't had a boyfriend since early freshman year of high school, and now, being a sophomore in college, my friend believes that I need someone.

So far all I've gotten is guys who just want to hook up. I go through and swipe left and I swipe right, but nothing's going good.

I came across a strange profile. I didn't know if it was some like Juggalo thing or what, but a boy wearing a mask. He had blue hair as well.

Sal F. 22, Nockfell
5 miles away
I'm sal. It's not a mask, it's a prosthetic. I like video games, cats, Sanity's Fall, and hanging with my friends.
Not looking for a hook up, mostly a friend or a relationship.

I had been basing most of my swipes on looks and their bio, but since I had no face to look at, I figured I'd swipe anyway. He seemed cool. His first photo was just a selfie, the second was him and a cat, third was him and his friends sitting around a fire.

I set my phone down and did some chores around my apartment before my friend got home. I was washing the dishes when my phone dinged, and I figured my friend texted me to see if I wanted anything for dinner, as she normally does. But, it was a notification from the dating app.

Sal matched with you!

I chuckled and put the phone down. I was waiting for the hook up request, or no reply at all, but it dinged again.

Sal sent you a message!

I opened my phone and the app launched automatically. It took a moment to load, but when it did I read it quickly.

Sal: Hi! I like the cat in your photo! And you're pretty cute too!

I began typing a reply, I hit send and sat the phone down and waited a while. But, an hour passed and I hadn't received another message. I frowned and opened my phone to launch the app and when it opened, it showed that I never hit send. So I did making sure the message actually sent before tying another.

Me: Hello! Your cat is pretty cute as well! And I wish I could say you were cute too, but I'm not sure what you look like lol.

Me: Also, this sat in the text box for like an hour before I realized it didn't send :(

Sal: Haha, that's okay! A lot of people don't reply to me, so I'm glad you did. Even if it was a hour later :) What brings you to the app?

Me: I'm sorry no one replies, I just get random dick pics and people asking to hook up, it's nice to have an actual conversation! Well, my friend said I needed to find someone, so I thought I'd give it a try! How about you?

Sal: I'm glad I could be of service to you! I promise I'm not weird and I won't send you a dick pic, lol! And same here. My friend Neil suggested it to me a couple weeks ago. He said he feels bad when him and his boyfriend watch movies and I sit there by myself.

Me: That's a literal mood for me. My roommate brings her boyfriend over all the time and they're always so nice and include me but I don't really wanna be that third wheel haha

Sal: Right! It's worse cause they're my roommates, so they're always all cute together and I'm just cuddling my cat.

Me: omg me too! Haha. So, do you mind me asking about your mask/prosthetic?

Sal: I just had a bad accident when I was younger. My face is kinda scarred up so I mostly wear it to conceal that.

Me: so you always wear that? Isn't it like hard to breathe?

Sal: nah it has nose holes haha. I wear it out in public or when I'm with my friends. I don't wear it when I'm at home or by myself.

Me: oh, okay! I guess that's kinda cool? I'm sorry I don't know how to react haha. But you probably get that a lot!

Sal: eh kinda! I used to really bad. Kids at my highschool would just call me Sally face a lot cause I used to wear my hair in pigtails cause why not? So, (Y/N) what do you like to do for fun? :)

Me: high school kids are mean man. I like to do normal stuff. Talk to my cat haha. I work a lot so I don't really do much. How about you, Sal?

Sal: Hmm, let's see. I definitely like talking to my cat as well haha and I play guitar. I mostly just hang out with my friends when I'm not working. What do you do? Work wise.

Me: I'm a hospital receptionist haha. If you're bleeding out profusely, I'm that annoying lady who has you fill out the 30 papers of paperwork.

Sal: haha that sounds like a fun job lol I work at the Amazon fulfilment center :)

Me: That sounds so cool! I wanted to work in a factory but I'm a wimp and I'm afraid of getting hurt or something lol. At least I can sit behind a desk and not get hurt. Sometimes I get bled on.

Sal: ew haha I couldn't ever have someone else's blood on me. You're a brave soul!

Me: I try haha. So Sal, what are you up to on this fine evening?

Sal: well, since it's raining I'm just sitting here talking to you. My cat Gizmo is purring really loud too.

Me: Aw his name is Gizmo I love it! My cat's name is Bea! Shes a mitten paw too.

Sal: Omg I love mitten paws. I've never seen one in real life but I've always wanted to!

Me: maybe sometime you can come see my Bea! She loves people and other cats! If your Gizmo likes other cats, you could bring him over for a play date!

Sal: I'd really like that! And so would Gizmo! :)