Road Trip ; larry (1/?)

Larry groaned to himself, starting out the window into the moving surroundings. His family decided to take a trip out of state for a vacation. Since him and his step brother, Sal, we're out of school, the trip acted as their graduation present.

They were on their way to the Outer Banks, a place Lisa, Larry's mom, had always wished to visit. They we're renting a place directly on the beach. A nice three bedroom house with all the amenities.

Larry was excited, but he was also less thrilled about the long car ride ahead of him. They we're well into their ten hour car ride, finally entering the North Carolina state limits.

It was another few hours before Larry could finally get out if the car to stretch his long legs.

Once they arrived, the eager family hopped out of the car and to the back to gather their bags. A whole week with sand, sun, and ocean.

The boys raced to claim the better bedroom. Larry settled on an orange colored room. They all looked the same, but this one had an ocean view.

Sal and Larry quickly changed into their swimsuits before rushing out the door and onto the beach. Back home, Nockfell rarely ever saw the sunlight, and the boys were in desperate need of some vitamin D.

A few familys sat outside, their little ones building sand castles, while the adults sun bathed.The boys made a run for the ocean, jumping in and shivering at the cold water.

Across the way was a young girl, around Larry and Sal's age. She sat with her parents and her friend, getting ready to get in the water. Her friend was blowing up a cheap beach ball. Once she was done, they headed to the water, passing the ball back and forth. At one moment, the ball was picked up by a gush of wind, sending it in the boys direction.

It collided with Larry's head, flopping into the water. The girl ran over, apologizing.

"I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, "It wasn't intentional."

Larry turned around and met the girls beautiful eyes. "I- it- no worries dude." He said, bending down to grab the ball at the same time as she did. Their heads met each others with a thunk.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry!" Larry said, handing her the ball.

She chuckled in response, rubbing her forehead. "It's alright. I'm (Y/N) by the way."

"Larry." He said. "Do you guys live here?"

She shook her head. "We're from out of state. Just staying here for the week. How about you?"

"Same." He replied. "We're staying in the yellow house over there." He said, pointing towards their rental.

She smiled. "And we're in the gray one next door."

"Sick." Larry replied.

"(Y/N)! C'mon!" The girls friend whined from afar.

"I gotta go." She said. "I'll see you around, Larry."

"Yeah. See ya!" He said. The girl turned to walk off, turning around to give Larry a wave before running back to her friend.