chapter twenty five

When Prime slowly opened her eyes and her vision began to clear, she found herself surrounded by her childhood bedroom once more

When Prime slowly opened her eyes and her vision began to clear, she found herself surrounded by her childhood bedroom once more. It was as though she had been transported back in time, everything in its place as it had always been.

With a gasp, she sat up on the bed, slowly swinging her feet onto the floor. Her mind raced as she took in the scenery, trying desperately to make sense of the situation. It had to be a dream. A hallucination. Something. This couldn't possibly be real.

"What the hell?" Prime exclaimed, glancing around with disbelief and confusion as her throat caught. Her heart raced as she looked around her surroundings, her brain desperately failing to comprehend the situation she found herself in.

Prime slowly walked around her room, taking in the familiar surroundings and reliving the memories attached to them. This couldn't be real. She must have died and gone to heaven. Or...was this hell?

But no. No, no. This can't be hell. Prime frowned as she remembered her life, and everything that she had done. It wasn't perfect, not by any means.

Prime took a deep, steadying breath and slowly walked to her bedroom door, putting her hand on the knob. When she was able to touch it and turn it, she frowned. It was real.

She stepped out into the hallway and looked at her siblings' rooms, all their doors still closed. She made her way to Vanya's room first and knocked on the door, but didn't get a response. Opening the door slowly, she saw her sleeping peacefully in her bed. Without a sound, Prime closed the door behind her and headed over to the bed.

Prime took another breath and tried to keep calm, muttering to herself, "Okay, slowly and carefully." She reached forward and lightly shook her sister, Vanya. Although Vanya didn't respond right away, with persistent shaking, Prime finally heard tired groans coming from her sister," Vanya," she repeated, getting louder, trying to wake her up.

"V, get up," Prime said, speaking louder this time as Vanya slowly turned over and opened her eyes, rubbing them as she sat up. Prime remained silent, waiting for anything, not wanting to bombard her with questions while she was still dazed and had the just-waking-up feeling.

Vanya's eyes went wide as she turned her head to Prime, her mouth going wide before she said, "P-Prime?! Wait this is a dream, yes a dr..."

"V, it's not a dream, or at least I hope it's not," Prime said.

"It would be a very realistic one," Vanya murmured to herself as she reached for Prime, whose laughter echoed through the room.

"Maybe," Prime replied, trying to keep things lighthearted with the tension that was hanging thick in the air.

"but I..." Vanya stopped for a moment, considering what she remembered.

Vanya gasped as she pulled away from Prime, hugging herself. "I... I destroyed the home, I was angry, I... I..." She trailed off, unable to finish her thought as panic swelled inside her.