IV

Jazlyn and I pulled up in front of the fair. I could hear children scream on roller coaster rides. I didn't notice how good Jazlyn looked until we stepped out and boys were staring. She had on a long sleeve off the shoulder crop top with a zipper in between her chest. Some baggy red joggers, black and white platform shoes to match. Her hair in finger waves as always and her fanny pack always Supreme. 

I don't know how she looks this good, I could never wear that but she has her own sense of style beyond this world.

"How do you pull this off?" I asked and she raised her sunglasses up.

"Just be confident." She said fixing her heart-shaped nose ring hoop.

We walked closer to the gates and I see Carter and Austin. I wave at them.

"Hey, you." He gave me a hug and a small smile. Jazlyn walked over next to Austin.

"Hey, you got your wrist band already." He nodded. I walked over to the booth to get mine.

Once out of the line Jazlyn and I got back with the boys and started looking for rides that seem fun.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

After riding a few of the rides I called Kylie to see where she was. A few rings then voice mail. I groaned and tried calling her again until I turned and saw her. She was... with some girl I've never seen before. Austin had his arm around Jazlyn and she seemed not to notice.

"Hey, guys," Kylie said and Jaz looked up with a shocked expression and quickly tried to hide it.

"Hey, Ky, who is this?" I said the girl spoke.

"Hi my names Ariana, I'm Kylie's date." She said Kylie nodded.

"Babe, These are my best friends Tasia and Jaz." She introduced us. I put on a smile not as real as it should've been, but Jaz didn't smile at all.

"You never told me you were dating someone." She put and hand on her hip. Kylie shrugged.

"Did I have to?" She questioned and the face Jaz made was deadly.

"OKAY everyone lets go ride more rides before the fair gets boring," Carter said saving a life just then. We nodded and began to walk over to Prix booths to win stuff.

Everyone had split up by relationship and since Carter and I are single we were left for each other. It was fun we didn't talk much, just enjoyed the company we gave each other. I walk up to a booth. Hit the target and win a Prize. Sounds easy right? WRONG I had no aim at all I don't know why I played softball and still can't aim at a simple target. Carter grabbed the ball from me and hit the target on his first try.

"Thanks," I said grabbing the bear I won. he put the hood of his black jacket over his head.

"No problem," he said and stopped to sit on a bench watching children run around the area.

"Why did you invite me?" I asked he looked up and shrugged.

"I thought you might want something to do." he seemed like another person outside of school.

"You okay? you seem depressed." I said he chuckled.

"I am depressed Tasia-Marie, but don't worry about that," he said pulling out his phone and scrolling through it. he's never called me by my whole name.

"I uh- Have to go, thanks for inviting me though," I said and began to get up from the seat.

I stopped dead in my tracks and kissed his cheek and jogged away looking for Jazlyn. I saw her and Kylie talking- no arguing with tears streaming down both of Jaz's cheeks.

"YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK YOU AND THAT BITCH YOU CAME WITH, I TOLD YOU YOUR SPOT WAS SECURE BUT FUCK IT !" Jazlyn yelled.

"FUCK YOU, YOU CAN'T BE MAD  I'M DATING SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU'RE ASHAMED TO SAY YOU'RE GAY! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU FEEL YOU CAN COME TO CRY TO ME WHEN AUSTIN CHEATS ON YOU!" Kylie yelled back and Jazlyn was walking to her car.

I quickly ran to her since she was my ride, I got in and she had a swisher in her mouth.

"What happened back there?" I asked rubbing her shoulder. Tears ran down her face.

"Why didn't she tell me she had a girlfriend. A fucking girlfriend and to think I was about to risk everything just to be with her. I'm so fucking dumb bro." She cried and smoked and pulled off.

I'd already told my parents that she'd stay over tonight and they were fine with it. I don't know how to feel. Two of my friends were fighting about their feelings and I was stuck in between it for the simple fact that I love them both equally. The ride was silent and dead. I wanted to say something but I don't know what.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

We got to my house around 11. I went to my room in the basement where we could have some privacy because my room walls upstairs are too thin. I got in the shower and Jaz did as well. I got on Netflix and turned on Gotham. Jaz and I have been binging the show for the past three days. We are now on season two episode 8.

"Is it bad that I find young cat woman sexy as hell?" Jaz sipped her tea.

" I mean, she's around our age, so no not really." I put a slice of pizza in my mouth.

"Why do I like her so much. I would never-" I had to cut her off.

"If she wasn't important to you, you wouldn't be feeling this way so go talk to her," I said I don't like seeing friends fight. She nodded.

"For now, I'm just gonna be a bad bitch with a broken heart." I chuckled at her comment and decided to get to bed. It's 12. I turned on raindrops to help me sleep.