Chapter 4 -Finally Caught Up

Things to know for this chap:

y/n: your name

h/c: hair color

The next day, when walking to school, I was about to go over to Lumine and Kody, but was stopped by Calla. That's when I realized I had forgotten to ask her about Kody. "I saw you walk with Kody after school. You don't wanna be his friend again." Calla said harshly, "Huh? Why not..?" I asked, confused considering how close she and Kody were when we were little.

"Have you not noticed the cat that follows Kody around? He's cursed with misfortune. You don't want that too now do you?" Calla gave me the same face, said the same thing I heard her say to Lumine. And like Lumine, I didn't care if he was cursed. "Um.. Ok? Calla that I don't care if he's cursed.. What's happened to you? You and him aren't like how you were when I left. I even saw you bully him!" I snapped at her.

"He deserves it. He's a weak, powerless, and cursed waste of space here. I cant wait till he leaves to a new school. And even if you do decide to be his friend again, it wouldn't work. You left, he doesn't like you anymore. He wouldn't be a very good friend anyway, you've seen how cold he has gotten. But im not like that. I will still be a good friend to you." Calla said. The look in her sharp green eyes, almost terrified me, but I kept my cool.

"Calla I will be a friend to both of you. I don't wanna pick sides, even if one needs more time than the other." I told her calmly, but she didn't seem to take it very well. "Fine. But don't blame me if others start avoiding you. Or if you start getting bullied too." Calla hissed before walking away. I could tell she was upset, but I didn't call her name or go chasing after her.

Throughout the classes I had with Kody, I mainly stared at him. It may sound creepy, but I was thinking. How did it even start? What made Calla hate him so much? Is it him being a little... rude? What him this way anyways? Thoughts buzzed around my head, wondering how I would get the answers to my questions. Then it hit me. His friends. Well, current friend and ex.

During recess I decided to go up to Elijah first since I didn't know where Lumine was. "Hey Elijah.." I said nervously as I walked up to him. "Hey y/n! Did you talk to Kody?" Elijah greeted me with a smile, but it quickly faded after I frowned at his last words. "Oh.." He said, looking away from me. "I guess you get that he said he wasn't interested.." I told him. It was only Wednesday and I already felt pretty bad..

"But uh... Hey, do you happen to know anything about Kody? Why he's like this.. Why Calla bullies him..?" I asked, "Well I don't know why he's like.. The way he is.. But hasn't Calla said it? He's cursed, so he's avoided. And... Bullied." Elijah told me honestly.

Lumine could only tell me the same think, making me feel defeated. After school I sat on the steps leading up to the building, my h/c blowing in the wind and my green eyes looked down at my feet shoes sadly. I felt powerless. I couldn't think of anything I could do to fix what happened.

"Y/n!"

Someone suddenly called my name, making my h/c ears jolt up and my bright green eyes look up in shock. It made me smile to see them coming over to me. It made me think of when we were younger. It made me think of happier times..

Short but I didnt wanna spend a lot of time on it and I dont have a lot of time rn anyways.. :p