Chapter 6 -Getting Away

Things to know for this chap:

y/n: your name

f/n: your friends name

When I went to school the next day, I didn't see Kody, nor Lumine. I did however hear some kids whispering in the halls. So I walked up to an unfamiliar student. "Do you happen to know what happened yesterday? I hear people whispering about Calla, Kody, and Lumine." I asked. "You haven't heard? Some people tried to sell Kody and Calla at the black market! Kody is in the hospital because of it." She told me. I was so shocked I gasped aloud.

I searched everywhere in the building for Calla, till I finally found her. "Calla!" I called, racing over to her, "I heard what happened! Is it true?!" She gave me a mean stare, yet nodded. "I'm fine. But they say Kody will be sleeping for a while." Calla said. I was silent, waiting for her to say more. I could tell by her face she had a lot to say.

But before I could even ask, f/n came over to me. "Hey Y/n! You're coming to my party right?? Its in a week, so you better prepare." F/n winked. "Come on, class is starting soon, let's go!" F/n took my arm and we went to class together. Though what was the point if we only passed notes until we got in trouble?

We actually got sent to the office and needless to say, my mom was pissed and picked me up early. "The hell is wrong with you?? Instead of passing notes in class, you should be practicing spells!" Mom started when we got home. "But.. Mom.. I-I don't want to just be practicing my spells all the time! Im still a kid ya know!" I shouted back at her, resulting in a slap to the face. (Don't shout at your parents chillren)

Tears formed in the corners of my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. "Well what else other than school work would a kid do?!" Mom shouted back. I looked at her dumbfounded. 'Was my mom ever a kid herself?!' I wondered. "Uh.. Hang out with my friends. Or... I.. I have a friend in the hospital! I should be visiting him!" I told her. We argued back and forth for what felt like hours. Long story short, she won.

There I was, trapped in my room with nothing but practicing to do. Yet practicing my spells got me wondering.. Kody never used his magic to help defend himself against Calla when she bullied him. 'Does Kody not like using magic?' I wondered. I shook my head. What witch didnt like using magic? So instead I practiced my magic till my dad got home. Yelling was all I could hear. I wanted to escape them so badly that I opened my window and jumped out in my weredog form.

So I ran to the first person I could think of: Lumine. I raced to where he stayed with Kody and transformed back into my human form, drenched by the pouring rain I had ignored. I knocked on the door, and there appeared Aiden.

"Y/n? Are you ok??? What happened?!" Aiden asked, stepping aside so I could come in and shutting the door behind me. "I-Im fine.. Its just.. My mom wants me practicing spells all the time and she's always having fights with my dad. So I can't even focus on what I'm doing." I sniffled. Tears stung my face, though I secretly hoped he'd dismiss it as the rain. He sat me down on the sofa and I saw Lumine running over to me. He was covered in bandages.

"Y/n! What are you doing here? Did something happen??" Lumine asked quickly, already at my side. Aiden let me sleep in a spare room to sleep in as well as new clothes for the night after I explained everything to Lunime. Though I couldn't sleep. Lumine was covered in bandages and yet was comforting me, who was drenched in rain water. It should have been the other way around.. But before I could let the negative thoughts get to me, Lumine knocked on my door.

Gonna be updating every Sunday like how Lumine used to update, so thats why this update took so long. Also, just wanted to say something random. The word count literally got stuck on 666 and boy do I love that number! (^v^