Chapter 7 -Hospitals

Things to know for this chap:

Y/n: your name

H/c: hair color

"Come in!" I called from the bed. "Did I wake you?" Lumine asked as he slowly crept inside. "No. Did you need something?" I asked. "No. I-I was just wondering if you wanted to come visit Kody with us tomorrow." Lumine told me. "Yes! Yes, I've been meaning to visit him." I smiled at the thought of it. Lumine smiled back at my reaction before leaving.

I woke up pretty earlier the next morning and started to get ready. I brushed my h/c hair and took my now clean clothes from yesterday. Aiden was outside waiting in front of the car. "You coming to visit Kody?" He asked. I simply nodded and Sherry came over. Not long after, Lumine came rushing from the steps. "I'm sorry I'm late! I didn't mean to oversleep!" Lumine came up to us.

"What are you talking about? You're not late.. You're rather early to be honest." Aiden told him, "What?!" Lumine responded. He looked surprised my Aiden's response. "What makes you think you were late?" I asked. "Sherry said you'd leave me behind if I wasn't here in 5 minutes!" Lumine looked at Sherry, but she looked like she couldn't care less.

"Sherry.." Aiden started, "This way we can get going faster." Sherry said plainly. And with that, we all bundled into the car. Sherry was driving, Aiden next to her, while me and Lumine sat in the back.

"Are we there yet?" Lumine asked after looking out the window. "No." Sherry said in annoyance. I giggled at their interaction and Lumine asked again a few seconds later, only to get the same response. Aiden had laughed as well before telling Lumine it would take them 15 minutes to get there,  then handed him his phone to kill time. "Are we-" "No!!" Sherry cut Lumine off before he could finish.

"Come on Lumine, it will take a while." I said, grabbing the phone and showing him internet memes before he fell asleep on my shoulder. I almost fell asleep as well before Aiden and Sherry said we had arrived.

Sherry woke up Lumine and we stepped inside. Me, Lumine, and Aiden went to Kody's room and stood by his bed. "It's been 4 days and he still hasn't woken up.. Is something wrong..?" Lumine asked with worry, and I looked at Aiden, hoping he'd say there was nothing to worry about.

Aiden then told us of the cat spirit that followed Kody around and how it will kill him. "Can't we do anything to get rid of it?" I asked, worried about Kody's safety. "I've tried to get him to get rid of it. He won't budge." Aiden told us. He almost seemed upset, but I was still a little confused. 'Why can't Aiden get rid of the spirit himself?' I wondered.

Suddenly Sherry came in to tell Aiden he had a call. He spoke on the phone for a little before calling us. "Lumine! Y/n! Something came up! We're leaving" Aiden told us. "We'll drive you two back home and-" "I-I'll stay here!" Lumine spoke up. "You want to stay? Kody might not wake up today you know.." Aiden told him. "It's fine! I want to stay!" Lumine said. I couldn't help but smile at Lumine. He seemed like such a great friend and was dedicated to Kody. ".. Alright then.. we'll try to be back soon. Come on Y/n, your parents will be worried." Aiden said.

We said goodbye to Lumine and got in the car. I told Sherry my address and was trembling the whole car ride. When we finally arrived at my place, I stepped out the car and Aiden rolled down his window. "If anything bad ever happens at home, you can come to mine." Aiden told me in a gentle told. I only nodded and watched them drive off. I stalled at the front door, fidgeting. I finally knocked on the door, only to see my dad. I peeked passed him to look inside and saw some things being packed up. "Y/n! Where were you last night?! Your mother and I were worried sick!" Father told me fiercely before grabbing my arm and yanking me inside. "I went to uh.. A friend.. I'm sorry I didn't say anything." I told him awkwardly. Now that I was inside I could see that it was my mother's things being packed up. It may have been too earlier to tell however, so I tried not to jump into any conclusions. "Now I have something to tell you..." Father began.

It still feels like the chapter is short, but idrk ;-;