starting new

shane's pov

"we're almost there"  my mom said softly shaking me  from my sleep.
i opened my eyes to the sun shining in them and groaned at the instant pain it gave me. i blinked a couple of times trying to get used to the light and looked out the window of my moms new jeep grand cherokee.
"look, shane!! the sign" my mom squealed pointing at the LA sign we just passed.
that's right, my mom and i had just moved to california.
i had lived in the small town of breckenridge, colorado my whole life. my mom worked two jobs trying to make enough money to pay for our house, clothes, a car, and food for us to live after my dad had left when i was eight. i hated him for leaving her and me alone to fend for ourselves. but as my mom would like to say "jesus makes miracles" and he really did. my mom got promoted at her job and was moved over to LA, now earning more than triple her last salary. we would finally be able to afford a nice house and clothes, and the best part was i was going to be able to get a car of my own!! i had always had to walk to school before, might i add, A FUCKING 10 MINUTE walk, unless my friends could give me a ride. speaking of my old friends, i already missed them. joey, daniel, and trish had always been there for me through thick and thin and i don't know how i'm going to make it at my new school without them. they were the only friends i ever had because most people didn't like me, not that i cared that much, but i wanted someone to talk to at this new hell hole.

"look shane!! there's our new house!" my mother beamed at me grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze before she pulled into the driveway. my mom and i had always had a close relationship and she has always been my best friend and supported me through everything.

"wowwww" i breathed. this house was huge... we actually had a garage to park our car in and as soon as the car came to a stop i hopped out running inside. i actually RAN into the house and let me tell you something, BITCH I NEVER RUN. that's how excited i was.

the first thing i saw when i walked in was the kitchen, it was an off-white color and had marble counter tops and it was already stalked up with everything it needed. i continued walking in further and saw the living room with its white couches and a flat screen tv.

"your room is upstairs, shane" my mom said smiling from ear to ear beaming at me.
"i'm going to go unpack." i nodded at my mom smiling and walked up the stairs to my room.

"wow" i breathed walking into my room. the walls were a light gray color and the floors were wooden. i took in the image and then sat on the bed. tears started forming in my eyes as i thought about how lucky i was to have this place. i was so thankful for my mom working so hard to support us and get us a new start.

after five minutes i composed myself and decided to go out to the car to get my things so i could get my room set up. it would take me a while and it was already two, plus i had my first day of school tomorrow. i grabbed my bags out of my moms car and hulled them up the stairs. i made my bed first, covering the soft mattress with my blue and white stripped bed cover and white sheets. then i hung up all of my clothes in the closet, which weren't a lot. and then i walked into my in-room bathroom and placed my shampoo and other essentials into the shower. i finally finished hanging up my last picture and poster onto the wall when my mom called me downstairs.

"yeah mom?" i asked her coming down the stairs.

"honey, we're going to get you your car so you can drive to school in the morning." my mom told me smiling.

"thank you so much mom!!" i smiled back pulling my mom into a hug.

"oh shaney stop. you're gonna make me cry!" my mom said tearing up.

"sorry mom. let's go." i said heading towards the car.

the dealership wasn't far from our house and when we pulled in i didn't even know what kind of car i would want. i decided on an all black bmw m3. the inside was even black with leather seats. i was so happy i got to call this car mine and i squeezed my mom so hard hugging her i thought she was going to die.

"thank you so so much mom! i love you!!" i told her getting into my new car.

"anything for you, shane! i love you too!" she told me.

i followed my mom home in my new car and parked it in the garage next to hers. it was nearing ten by now and i wanted to get ready for bed so i could be on time for my first day of school tomorrow. i brushed my teeth and stripped down to my boxers before crawling into the bed. i was about to put my phone on the charger when i noticed i had a text from a group chat.

Queens👑❤️ :

from joey💩🤩: shane!! did you make it to LA?? do you love it? we miss you!! omg did you get a car??

from trish🥰👑: shane we already miss you queen!❤️

from daniel😈🥵: miss you shane! hope you made it safely😘"

from shane🐷🤣: i miss you guys so much too and yes i did get a new car!!🥰

from shane🐷🤣: LOOK AT IT!! I THINK IM IN LOVE💦🤤

from trish🥰👑: OMG shane! that's a nice car, in so happy for you!!

from joey💩🤩: no fairrrr😢 but that's gorgeonious!!😍

from daniel😈🥵: sick rideee💦 goodnight guys!!😴

we all said goodnight to each other and i sat my phone on the night stand by my bed. i really hope i make some friends tomorrow and i hope school isn't too bad. and with that last thought i drifted off to sleep.