Chapter 21: Future Plans

"Rustleif, come on. It's time to wake up." Nia gently slapped the side of the man's cheek in an attempt to wake him. And thankfully, even after only a few hours of sleep, the man already looked as if he'd recovered a great deal seeing as she'd healed more of his wounds while he was sleeping. Though now she felt exhausted herself, and it was made even worse due to the fact that she knew that she couldn't sleep until they reached whichever safe haven that her companion was leading her to.

"S-Seren?" Rustleif asked groggily as he woke up, though while his voice had been full of hope at first, his mood crumbled as soon as he saw Nia... Not that she could blame him. "No offence... But I wish that you... That all of this would have just been a dream."

"Yeah, I'd probably feel the same way." Nia agreed. "But come on. The wind stopped blowing and we need to go or the Imperials in the tower might catch us... Oh, and how do you feel?"

"Like I can easily make it to Windhelm now." Rustleif replied as he stood up and stretched. "And I'll be even better with this."

"You know what that is?" Nia asked as the man reached over and picked up a vial full of some kind of red liquid inside of it that had been sitting on the shelves when they'd first arrived.

"Lass, don't you know a healing potion when you see one?" He asked, though he sighed soon after as she just shook her head. "Just watch the cut on my face as I drink it."

"But I already healed-" Nia began to say before she became shocked. While she'd already closed his wounds, she could do nothing about the cuts that were too deep. Though now that the man had drank the 'potion', the dark purple lines where his wounds had been before disappeared instantly. "That's amazing! How do you make it?!"

"How would I know? Do I look like an alchemist to you?" He asked as if the answer should have been obvious before his tone softened as he looked at what was in Nia's arms. "How is my Seren?"

"She was cold, but she recovered nicely thanks to the fire and furs." Nia reported as they both looked at the sleeping baby in her arms. "Though I have no idea what we're going to do when she get's hungry."

"Then we'll have to hurry so that she's not hungry for long." He replied before making sure that his sword was strapped to his hip. "Let's go."

Following Rustleif out of the shed, Nia saw that, while the wind had died down, the snow had only increased as it now poured down just as quickly as any rain. And while she'd at least been able to see before, now everything was covered in a grey shroud as they could only see for perhaps twenty to thirty meters in any direction. However, while she was nearly blinded and didn't know where to go, her companion thankfully didn't seem to have any trouble with it as the Nord turned in the direction that they had been walking yesterday before moving past the tower and beginning to walk down a decline that had large rocks on either side that could still be climbed if one were in an emergency. Though they didn't climb them now as Rustleif continued and they eventually walked into an open field that didn't have any trees but did have a few rocks and what even looked like massive ice formations that almost looked like glaciers. Or, she at least thought that they were seeing as she could still barely see.

Thinking that she saw the silhouette of a tower just past the grayness of the falling snow, Nia soon disregarded her discovery as they turned right and Rustleif began to lead them up another mountain. Though this time, seeing as the wind wasn't nearly as bad, Nia wasn't getting blasted by painful waves of ice and felt warmer than the beginning of their journey. But as they continued and finally reached the top of the mountain where a ravine split two peaks and their path led directly through it, she was already shivering again as the snow built up on her shoulders and hair were beginning to effect her.