35

Yoongi's POV:

"So by saying she's fake are you implying that all of this is?"

My fingers tighten around the wheel, cursing myself for being so clumsy with my words.

"Her personality is fake," I reply.

"Oh come on Hyung. Admit it. You know something that none of us know," Hoseok presses on.

I'm surprised to hear this come from him. For all the other times I've been through this it hasn't happened in this way. He always figures it out silently, giving me no opportunity to save him.

Then again, I won't be able to save him like this either.

"What do you even mean by that?" I chuckle lightly.

I feel a tiny droplet of sweat trickle down my temple. Off in the distance I notice a familiar building. Somehow no matter how hard I try to avoid going near it, I always end up in its clutches.

"You've always been the one to call the shots," Hoseok says.

"Because I'm the only one who will," I reply.

"Does Mel know?" Hoseok turns to me.

I refuse to look at him, keeping my eyes trained tightly on the road.

"Know what?" I ask carefully.

"That she isn't real?"

His words sting. I've learned the hard way not to tell the boys myself, and instead, try to plan around them finding out the truth. It seems, though, that them finding out is inevitable.

But I've already figured that out a long time ago.

Even so, I'll deny it until the end in hopes that by chance it will work.

"Do you hear yourself right now?" I scoff, intimidating him in hopes he'll shut up.

"I think Jin hyung's theory is something we should consider... and I think you already know," Hoseok raises his voice which shocks me.

"Hoseok! Listen to me. It's too early for this," I actually look at him this time.

"Too early for what?" His eyebrows raise.

"Just take my word for it," I beg.

"Just give me some answers!"

"I can't!"

"Why not?"

"Because then I'll have to see you die again!" I shout, staring at him with a pained expression.

He had no time to retaliate as his eyes widen. My attention is pulled back to the road a second too late, our car crashing straight through the large windows of the building that refuses to be forgotten.

Our car rolls until coming to a stop upside down. I can feel my blood boil as the car bursts into flames with us inside.

"Hyung," Hoseok coughs, blood spilling from his mouth and up to his forehead.

"It's okay, it's going to be okay," I tell him,  frantically pulling at my seatbelt.

"Hyung, I know you know the truth," He struggles to find his voice.

"But none of you were supposed to know," I shake my head.

"But we all found out," He says.

"Why can't you just pretend not to!" I scream, a small smile present on Hoseok's bloodied lips.

"Because the only way to escape the pain is to believe in the one way that could end this nightmare," He replies.

"No no no," I repeat.