Chapter 4: Stolen Bride

Levi's POV

I stayed hidden within the darkness as I slowly watched over Hanji. From time to time, I would close my eyes and feel myself touching her skin again... to even hold her hand once more. Then,  hoped to hold her in my arms once the sun went down and I could be near her again.

"Sir!" I hissed as I turned back to see Erwin. He was panicky and I saw the shadows grew afraid. "A hunter!"

"Where?!" I scowled as I saw fire in the forest, forcing my kind back away. Anger filled me as I saw them invading our land. And instantly, I ran towards Hanji, hoping I could get her to safety. "Hanji!" I shouted towards her as I ran. 

My hands reached out towards her, and the sun began to burn me. I felt every pain and every burning sensation through my hands... and I couldn't reach her. I continued to shout, but she was in a deep sleep. I looked around, trying to find some kind of objects to wake her... but no such luck.

A hunter walked up and smirked, shouting words and running towards my Hanji. It wasn't until she woke up as the hunter grabbed her. Frantically, she looked towards me and saw me struggling to get her. "Levi! Please!"

"Grab her! She's my bride!" The hunter says as he orders some younger boys to tie her up.

I scowled as I watched her struggle to leave their grip... and I tried to follow them... curse the sunlight and me being made of shadows... I was nothing to save her... oh... please... may her be safe until when the night falls...

*   *   *

Hanji's POV

They bounded me and took me away to small house within a small village. I was wide awake... and I noticed how Levi was trying to save me... but was useless against sister's rays. I began to shed a few tears...

"My love... don't cry... I love you..." The man chuckles softly as he raised his hand to my cheek, kissing it. "I'll have you as my wife and I will have you bear my kids... you beautiful woman..."

I scooted away from him, "Please... I don't belong to you..."

"But you do... and I love you..." He then tries to kiss me on the lips, and I pushed him away. Anger grew within his eyes. "You will stay here..."

"No... I won't... someone is gonna come and get me... and he's gonna rescue me from you guys... I protect the children of these villages every night from nightmares! You should release me back-"

"And have some other guy have you? No... and this someone? I'm gonna kill him... you're mine." He then ties me to a bed and kisses my cheek. "Don't worry, love... I'll keep you safe... I'll marry you... and tonight... we will have a kid..."

His words haunted me as he left me alone in the room... all tied up. Tears slipped down my face as I feared for Levi's safety. Oh... please save me... I wanted to cry to him... to cry into Levi's arms... if only he could come and save me. Hopefully he will come tonight... 

*   *   *

Levi's POV

I never cared for my safety... only Hanji's safety came first. I watched that house she was held captured... scowling softly as I waited for nightfall. First... I will have my shadows haunt the man who stolen my love away from me.

Second after second... I watched the sun begin to set and I prepared to give the men nightmares. Nothing bothered me... but I will unless hell onto those who deserves it... and this is an example of one. Everything began to fall apart as the sun fell... and time to unless the darkness. Now, I promised to never hurt the people... but this hunter deserved it... he deserved all the pain.

"Do it..." I say, letting my army of darkness escape from my grasp and surround the house. "Leave him no mercy... but save him for me."

I then slowly walked inside, hoping to find my lover. That's when I heard crying... and immediately, I raced inside. "Hanji!" I cried out to her as I find the room. In the state she was in... it was terrible. "Hanji..."

Her eyes was streaked with red. "Levi... save me... please..."

I nodded, breaking her bonds and carrying her out of the room. "Don't worry... I will... forgive me... I couldn't do a thing..."

She then kisses me, holding me close. "I know... and I do not blame you..."

I chuckled softly as I raced out of the house, calling my darkness towards my side. Oh... when I reached the outside, I saw her moonlight fading away from her. Scowling softly, I grabbed her ring and slowly opening it. I know... I know it stung me... but she needed it more.

"Rest... I'll take you back to the forest once you felt recharged..."

"Levi..."

"No, don't speak..." I say, carefully brushing her cheek. Within her hazel eyes, I saw how scarred she was and how she felt. They screamed of fear... just like how I stuck fear into people who deserved it. "Close your eyes... recharge... and I'll take you back..."

She nods, closing her heavy eyes. "So... you're the one who tried to claim her..." The darkness revealed the hunter who stole her away. He grinned widely as he saw my maiden. "She's mine-"

Gently, I put her down and walked towards him... I summoned the darkness to my hands, and I wanted him to close his eyes... so I can show him his worst nightmares. I wanted to search through his whole mind... find his darkest fears... and show it to him. I want to watch him wither... I want to make him pay...

"Give her back to me... I claimed her!" His voice rose... but I didn't care. 

Growling, I summoned the darkness to my and and smirked. "You claimed her? Last I check, she couldn't be claim... last I check, she was our moon... last I check, you have no permission to hurt her. Hah..." With every word, it was a step closer towards him. "Now show me... your worst fear..." I sent the darkness through his skull to find his nightmares and fears...

Letting it sink for a bit, I saw his nightmares of loosing his friends to the things they hunted. Chuckling, I pulled away from him and surrounded him with darkness. That's when I heard him cry out names. Perhaps his friends' names... but who cares. I bought us time...

With him suffering from his fears, I gently picked Hanji up and escaped to a different part of the forest... ensuring that this time... darkness will surround her. An abandoned cabin was hidden in the center. Before I had Hanji inside that disgusting cabin, I made sure it was clean- top to bottom.

With a clean cabin, I laid Hanji on the bed, carefully making sure she was safe and comfortable. I made sure that she was gonna be safe with me here. I gripped on the bedsheets, kissing her cheek. I knew that she was scared... and humans were always trying to hurt beings who are powerful than themselves. 

When I pulled back, Hanji grips onto my hand as she slowly opened her eyes. "Please... don't leave me..."

"I won't..." I say as she pulled me closer to her. I didn't mind... I kissed her again, only... it wasn't on her cheek.

A god of darkness in love with his opposite... am I right? Ridiculous...