Chapter 1

Hello! This is my first HTTYD book. It takes place in both movies times and I do not own any of the HTTYD charaters. Feel free to point out any typos or mispelled words. Well, here is the story! Enjoy!

Shadow"s POV

I ran to the other side of the cave in attemt to shake off my brother a sister chasing me. I jumped on the wall and pushed of as I spread my wings to glide a little. I landed on behind my siblings and raced to the front of the cave. "Shadow, not outside." my mom said as I neared the entrance. "Come on mom! We're six months old. Let us out." I protested. "I said no going out. Shadow, you, Fury, and Night cannot go outside yet. You're to young. Now what age did I say you kids can go out?" "Eight months." Night muttered, disapointed. "That's two months away! How can we wait?!" Fury whined. I turned and stomped to my nest. This was no fun. Staying the cave all the time. As i lie in bed sulking, a thought came to mind on how to have fun. I saw Night lying down in her nest beside mine. I crouched and pounced on her. She sqeaked and pushed me off to pin me down. "Let's get Fury and beat him once and for all." I whispered to her. Night nodded and got off me. We stalked over to behind Fury and jumped on him. He sqealed, startled. I started laughing at his girly sqeal and pounced on him again. "NO fair!" he whined. That made Night and I laughed as we pinned him down. This was the first time we had succeeded in pinning him down. I grabbed his neck as if I would kill him and stayed like that. I was only holding him tight enough that he wouldn't be able to get free, but not hard enough for damage.

*************Two Months later******************

Shadow's POV

Mom was taking us outside for the first time in our lives. Dad was hardly ever home. Mom said he was hunting, but I beleive was off doing something else. I was the first to step out of the cave. Night and Fury followed me. We looked around amazed at how big it was. Our cave is on a cliff overlooking a forest. We walked around the ledge and admired everything. Mom was sitting at the edge of the cliff in front of the entrance to the cave. I sat beside her and asked, "What are you thinking about?" "Your father. He said he would be here for your first time out of the cave and he's not. Soon you kids will learn how to fly, wether your father is here or not." Mom said, not bothering to look at me. I looked at the forest below. Something was moving down there. I couldn't tell what it was because I had hardley seen anything outside the cave. "Hey mom, what is that?" I asked, pointing at the creature. Mom's face changed from deep in thought to worry. "Tell your brother and sister to get in the cave You go in there with them. Hide in the back." I didn't know what mom was worried about, but I sensed that whatever was down there is possible danger. I ran over to my siblings and said, "Night! Fury! Inside the cave! Hide in the back. Come on! Now!" I turned and ran inside the cave and to the back where my dark blue scales would blend in perfectly. Night has black scales and Fury has dark green. Mine and Fury's scales are almost black, but you can still see the slight color. I looked to the side and saw Night's bright green eyes. I looked to my other side and saw Fury's yellow eyes. Night Fury's seem to have bright eyes and dark scales. I have blue eyes according to my mom. I looked outside and saw a dragon. Mom didn't tell us there were other dragon kinds! This dragon was a lot bigger than mom and it has horns. It's front limbs are part of the wings. "Were are the hatchlings?" it roared at mom. I flinched at harsh tone it used. "What hatchlings? I don't have hatchlings! I don't even have a mate!" Mom roared back at it. And guess what, dad chose that moment to show up. Great, now the bigger dragon is going to find us. Dad shot a plasma blast at the dragon. The dragon lit on fire and shot fire at... MOM! She was hit and knocke of balance, but not killed. The dragon hit dad with its tail and ran inside the cave. The fire on its body lit up the cave, exposing us. Fury and Night manage to get past its jaws and out to mom and dad. I stayed there frozen in fear. The dragon came closer and grabbed me. It carried me out of the cave and flew off. It held me surprisingly gentle. When we seemed far away, the dragon tossed me in the air and caught me on its back. "Um, what is your name?" I asked the dragon. "Flame." the dragon replied. "Are you a night fury" "No, a monsterous nightmare." Flame said, a little annoyed. I took the hint and stopped with the questions. I got in a comfortable position on Flame's back and fell asleep.