Chapter 5

Jedediah was in very confused, Octavius, his closest friend, had kissed him, and then he kissed him back. Jedediah was not a homosexual, that was against the bible and against nature itself. He originally hated Octavius, but after Larry helped bring them together he had become quite fund of Octavius. But not like that, that was wrong.

But Octavius was his best friend and when Jedediah realized he was losing his temper he knew he had to take himself out of the argument for that moment. It might hurt Octavius but yelling and insulting at him might hurt him even more.

Jedediah cussed under his breath at both Octavius, this whole messed up situation, and the fact that he himself was turned on for reasons he couldn't understand.

He just kept walking, not really thinking about where he was going. Jedediah could hear fellow Cowboys riding past him a little ways away. He wasn't paying attention though and just kept walking until he was in town sitting at a bar table.

Sarah came up to him.

"I'm so sorry that we were interrupted earlier by the Roman, we could continue where we left off?"

"Not now Sarah, maybe later."

Jedediah put his head down on the table and tried to think, many, many people kept trying to interrupt him but he wasn't listening to anyone. He was trying to rap his head around how Octavius was gay and how he fit into all this.

Octavius never had mentioned any woman in his life. The person he was sculpted after had three wives, but they were mostly for producing an heir to his throne, but this Octavius does not have a Scribonia. During the Britain quest as Octavius called it, Octavius had asked for Jedediah's hand twice. He also had commented on the Lancelot's eyes, on that note he commented on many men's physical appearance. And he was always playfully touching Jedediah.

So Octavius was definitely a homosexual, but does that make him bad? He's always doing what he believes is right, always the best of his diorama or Jedediah, never thinking for himself. But men loving men was against even basic reproduction, although technically non of the museum pieces could reproduce, wax can't make babies. Then of course there Gods will itself.

But there was one more question that kept popping up that he was always shoving down, did he return Octavius' affection. Simple answer was always no, but was it so simple anymore. When Jedediah was stuck in the hour glass and was about to be buried in sand, all Jedediah could think about was him and Octavius. And when it looked like they'd freeze forever Jedediah gave Octavius his hand so there last moment would be them together. Octavius always made him smile, was so chivalrous, and his dark hair always seemed to make Jedediah have a twisty feeling inside him. And all the women he'd intimately been with before had never awakened the feel he experienced when Octavius only kissed him for a few seconds.

Through all of this thought, far away Jedediah could hear cheering, laughing and screaming. It wasn't bothering him all that much so he paid it no mind. Than Jazmin started shaking him and he finally snapped out of it.

"Woah Jazmin, what's ruffling your feathers?"

"They're about to roast your friend alive!"

"WHAT?!!!"

"One of your men heard your friend yelling that he didn't want to be gay and dragged him into town by a noose around his neck. I just found out, and they've been beating him up for an hour, some of the Romans and your men in town have been trying to rescue him but a lot of your gun men have made a barricade and they can't get in. Now the whole town is in a frenzy because the friar and sheriff are about to melt him alive."