Chapter 3

Octavius made his way towards Jedediah's tent-cabin.

"Jed, are you in there?"

No response, so Octavius headed into the miniature town. After only a minute he ran into one of Jedediah's gang members.

"Johnson, do you know where Jedediah is by any chance?"

"Oh I definitely do, he's at the saloon, but..."

"Thank you good Sir."

Although Johnson tried to warn Octavius, he was in sure a rush that he was gone before Johnson could say another word.

He sped off to the saloon and when he got there he was short of breath. Octavius walked up to the bar maid called Jazmin.

"Madam, Jedediah Smith wouldn't happen to still be here, would he?"

"Yes, room one up stairs, but I truly believe you should wait down here, can I get you something?"

Octavius starts heading for the stair.

"I only need to speak with him for but a moment, it is of some importance."

The bar maid is about to pull Octavius away when another customer divides her attention and Octavius climbs the stairs.

He reaches the room marked with a "1" and he can hear a small commotion inside. He knew he should have knocked, and probably should have thought the situation through, but he opened the door.

"Hey Jed...Holy Jupiter..."

What he saw is not proper to be seen or read by younger viewers so I'm sorry if you were hoping for smut but you will not get that here. For context of the story Octavius caught Jedediah with the woman who earlier had said "Is that all you want Jeddy?" What they were doing disgusted Octavius in more ways than one, but also made him slightly jealous.

With both men and women shocked a couple profanities slipped through Jedediah's lips directed at Octavius and the whole situation. While still in shock himself Octavius turns around and ran.

No particular direction, just ran. He knew Jedediah had relations with women, but he never thought, he couldn't fathom, he just couldn't.

Tears of anger and confusion and mass heart break were running uncontrollably from his face, he couldn't go back to his city and army in this condition so he'd have to wait it out. He ran for the edge of the diorama in hopes it would be vacate and just sat down and cried. He hoped it would be over in a minute or two but ten minutes past and his head was still in his knees as he tried to rap his head around what he just saw.

Eventually he head hoof steps approaching, not wanting a confrontation with anyone he got up and tried to run. He made it two meters before tripping over his own feet in exhaustion and fell on his face. The Horse continued to approach him and then he heard someone dismount and make the final steps towards him.

"Howdy partner, I think we need to have a discussion." Jedediah said quite seriously. As he kneels down to Octavius's level.

"Go away Jedediah, I don't want to talk or look at you right now." Says Octavius as he rolls over, sits up, and try's to dust off his tear and dust covered armour.

"Oct, I can see why you are uncomfortable, but I think you're taking this to personally. What is going on with you, I'm sorry that you saw me like that with Sarah but what were you doing looking for me in the first place? And Jazmin says you were crying as you bolted out the door, so what in Hells blazes is going on with you Octavius, I'm worried about you."

"You won't understand."

"I am your best friend Octavius, I've known you for over ten years, you can tell me anything."

"The fact that we are best friends is why I can't tell you, if I tell you, you won't look at me the same and we won't have the same bond and no matter what I feel I can't risk our friendship."

"Octavius, I don't understand, just tell me what is the matter, I care too much for you to see you like this."

With that Octavius looks him straight in Jedediah's sky blue eyes and just can't find the strength to resist. Knowing all the possible outcomes and hearing his own mind rejected he cups his hands around Jedediah's rugged face and pulls him in for a kiss.