Chapter Twenty-seven

He glances at me as I push me slowly backward.

"I have a meeting later today. Do you want to come or should I leave  you at your house?" He says and ignores the fact that I didn't do what  he said.

"I can join." I respond with a smile. I wonder how it is to have a meeting with wolves.

"Don't kill anyone then." He mocks.

"I have only killed one. And you were nearly dead at the time." I say calm.

"I joked." He says seriously.

I put on my blue sneakers then I drag on my jeans jacket then I take a  few arrows in different pockets of the jacket and pants. I make sure  they don't are visible to spot. I look over at Parker that opens a  closet and takes out a white jeans jacket and white converse. He put  them on and I watch him close.

"What?" He stares at me.

"Do you really going to have a nice white jacket on you if you going to meet werewolves?" I wonder.

"I'm not going to patrol later so I will not shift fast tonight." He ensures.

"So you like it?" He adds as he opens the door.

"Yes." I respond and follow him out.

Parker takes up his hand and knocks on the front door on the big house. Haven't I been here before?   The door opens slowly and a flashback comes to me. This is Nick's  house, the alphas house. I stare at Nick's dad that already stare back  at me.

"You are not welcome here." He says and stares me down.

"She's with me." Parker says and takes one step up at the stairs. The alpha look over at Parker.

"She is your responsibility then." He says then turns around.

Parker  glances unsure at me and I respond with a shrug, he doesn't need to know  what happened here. I follow Parker inside and thru a maze of doors and  hallways. Parker walks with easy to the right place. We walk into a  room with a big table in the middle with chairs around it. Nearly every  single chair is taken. I look at the people in the room mostly males.  Some of them watch us as we walk into the room, others talking to  different persons. It is just free spaces here and there and none have  two next to each other. Parker takes the first free chair and I take the  second one. I sit down two persons from Parker next to one woman on my  left and a man on the right side. The woman has followed me with her  eyes since I walked into the room. As I sit down she smiles at me. I  smile back at her. I see that she are on her way to say something when  the man on my right side starts talking.

"Hello, there cutie. What pack are you from then?" I turn and stare at the man that is about the same age as Parker.

"Blood moon." I say simply and look out over the table and see all the persons stare at me now.

"No, you are not. I haven't seen you." A male from the other side of the table accuse.

"She is actually." The man beside him confirm.

"She is the beta." He adds. I smile gratefully at him.

"Then what are you doing here cutie?" The man next to me asks.

"Not your damn business." I claim.

The  door slams shut and everyone including me looks at it. Nick's dad walks  to the and of the table and up his hands on it while leaning forward.

"Let us begin then." He says and glances over the people.

"We start with the shifts." He continues.

"I don't want any extra anymore." Parker says and leans forward on the table.

"What  are you talking about? You think it's the best thing it is." Nick's dad  answer surprised and stand up and take away his hands from the table.  Parker and I exchanged eye contact.

"Not anymore." He states and sits upright.

"I found someone I love spending time with." Parker continues.

"Yea yea. You are so funny." Nick's dad says and looks to the side.

"Do you still want to take the night shift, Samantha?" He asks.

"No  seriously. I found my mate." Parker says a bit irritated. I feel angry  for a second then it disappears like it was never my feeling.

"Really? Who is it?" Parker looks at me.

"It's Alex. From blood moon." He says and smiles. Nearly everyone starts to laugh. I look around. Why?

"You  are not mated to a beta." Nick's dad laughs and takes away a tear from  his eyes. Parker stands up fast and stares at the alpha.

"It's true!" He says and closes his hands into fists.

"Sit down now. And stop joking around." The alpha says and points at him.

"Why don't you ever believe me? Not until I'm at the hospital?" Parker nearly screams out.

Parker  pushes back himself with his hands against the table and the chair  falls backward. Parker walks up to Nick's dad and stares at him for a  few seconds then he runs out thru the door that he throws up.

"Parker!" I scream after him while I stand up.

"Give  him some time. Don't go after him, he doesn't want to be with anyone."  The girl next to me says and stare up at me. I don't say anything. I  walk after him thru the door. I'm able to find my way out of the maze of  hallways.

I open the front door and stare out at the dark sky that is almost  black. I run down the stairs and stop at the bottom. There is a trail of  ripped clothes. Parker's clothes. His white jeans jacket lays in  several pieces, just like the other clothes. What happened? I stat follow the trail then I continue in the direction right to the edge of the forest.

"Parker!"  I scream into the dark forest. I listen for a few seconds, not a single  sound. I run right into the forest, while I hope he is okay, on the same time that I  won't slip and fall.

"Parker!" I scream again right into the  forest. I look around in the dark. Then suddenly I something white that  nearly glows in the moonlight against the dark ground. I run closer and  see a wolf laying on the ground.

"Parker." I exhale relieved.