Prologue

Hi everybody! This is my first story, and I hope you like it(: I'll try to keep posting whenever I get the chance!

***

Prologue-

Tristin's P.O.V-

The first fight I went to was when I was fourteen. Not a real fight, an "underground fight" I guess you could call it. People would show up in some large alley, there'd be a makeshift ring, and depending on how many people show up willing to brawl, there'd be quite a few fights.

I showed up with my friend, Kyle. He's been to a couple before and the fight was within walking distance from his house. The alley was dark, and there was a lot more people than I was expecting. Mostly guys, a few girls here and there. There was some ropes tied to poles in the ground, making a square shaped ring. A guy that looked to be about 20, stood in the middle, trying to get everybody's attention.

Kyle turned to me and said, "Dude, just so you know, there's no rules. Anything goes. It's a bare knuckled bloodbath usually. Sometimes it gets nasty."

I nodded, figuring I could probably take it. I mean, how bad could it be?

The guy in the middle of the ring finally quieted everyone down and introduced the first two fighters. One was a medium sized 17 year old with a shaved head and a tattoo on his back. He was only wearing a pair of shorts and a pair of tennis shoes. The next guy was another 17 year old with black hair and had the same outfit as the other one. The guy said go and they were at it.

The fight lasted only a couple of minutes, considering the one with the tattoo picked up a crowbar and hit the other one in the back. Quite a mess there.

The tattooed guy fought a couple more matches, and I was getting tired of seeing him win all of them. I was just about to suggest that we go home when the announcer guy said it was the final match of the night. Figuring I'd stay and watch this guy win one more, I got settled back down.

The next thing I saw surprised me. The shaved guy sat in his corner and a girl, about my age, walked in the other side. She had short brown hair and wore a black sports bra and a pair of blue athletic shorts. No shoes. She seemed to have come alone and didn't seem nervous at all. The shaved guy grinned when he saw how easy his opponent looked to beat.

It kind of worried me to see such a young girl in the ring, about to fight a guy twice her size.

The match started and the shaved guy walked up to her, hand at his sides, with a smirk on his face. The girl didn't move but kept her fists up.

"Free shot, baby." The guy said, putting his hands behind his back, still smirking. The girl glared and said, "Come on, fight me. Don't go easy."

"Fine, have it your way." The guy replied. He took his fist and swung at her face. I winced, listening for the sound of his fast cracking against her cheekbone but she easily ducked and kicked him in the back of his legs, sending him stumbling.

The girl let him get up, smiling when she saw how pissed off he looked. He tried to punch her in the stomach, but she dodged it and sent two quick hits to his nose. His head snapped back and when he looked up, it was easy to see that his nose was broken.

"You bitch!" He yelled. "Why the hell are you even here?! Are girls even allowed to fight?!" He looked around at the crowd.

The girl, seeing he was distracted, took the opportunity to knee him in the gut, sending him doubling over. While he was clutching his stomach, she sent her knee flying into his face, sending him to the ground, knocked out.

The crowd roared and screamed. They hated the guy as much as I did. The girl looked around, her face tan and unharmed. Her blue eyes almost empty, not looking proud or satisfied. She simply walked out of the ring, leaving everyone wondering who she was and where she came from.

It wasn't until 3 years later that I saw her again.