Chapter 3 - Caught

Deceit told himself he wasn't going to ever let the dolls see the light. So why was he standing outside of Romans room with the doll in his hands?

To be fair, it was the dead of night. Deceit was the only soul up. Hopefully, he thought. He couldn't stand the mere idea of getting caught like this. They'd laugh at him, mock him. Think he's a creepy, or that its a voodoo doll to hurt them. If they knew it was him. But they wouldn't. They couldn't find out, not now. Maybe... maybe if they liked him. If he was one of them. He could tell them then. But that would never happen. He's a villain, and that's how he was going to stay, whether he liked it or not. A pang of hurt rang through his heart at that thought, it did every time.

Deceit carefully wedged the delicate doll between the door handle, smoothing down the wrinkles to keep the doll in perfect condition. He smiled to himself at the hand-eye work, the hidden stitches and the embroidered gold, the small silver sword, the vibrant reds. He was good for something, at least. Deceit bit his lip, backing away from the door. Now to leave. As he walked down the hallway, someone cleared their throat.
No
Oh god no nononono-
Deceit froze, looking over his shoulder, praying his panic was masked by shadows. Anxiety peered out at Deceit, his hair rumpled and eyes low from sleep.

"What are you doing?" Anxiety mustered out quietly, rubbing his eyes. Deceit opened his mouth to speak, but his throat closed up in fear. He slowly backed up into the shadows, tears threatening to spill.
They can't find out.
He'll tell them, he will ruin everything.
He hates me.
Virgil stepped closer, anger now seeping into his voice, "what are you doing over here?". Deceit tried again to speak, only to be met with tears.

"You don't belong over here, go back. I won't say a word if you go back now. Be glad I'm too tired for this." Anxiety warned. Deceit mustered to nod, taking off down the hallway to his room, managing to not slam the door shut.

His breathing caught with a sob, falling against the door.
"Stupid stupid stupid-" he whimpered, eyes burning.
"Idiot who can't even speak up for himself." He tore at his hair before standing upright, snatching Joy off the floor.
"I can't do anything right! I can't do anything good!" His knuckles turned white, both hands gripping the plush snake.
"I just... jussst can't do anything!"

Rriiippp

Horror flooded Deceits thoughts as stuffing split to the floor. His breathing halted, the stuffed victims body dropping to the floor.
"J-joy?" The words were strangled and quiet as he spoke. His heart pounded relentlessly in his chest. His knees gave out as he collapsed to the floor, full sobs escaping him now. He felt as if he was in genuine and horrible pain, as his he was being crushed, constricted. Breathing felt impossible as if his tears were trying to drown him.

"I'll n-never do anything right." despite the whisper, the words felt suffocating.