Chapter Six

?The rollercoaster stopped abruptly, and i flew forward. If Tyler's hand hadnt of shot out to catch me, i'd probably broken my nose on the bar in front of me.

"Thank you for riding Apocolypse." the loud speaker said.

"Oh, jeez," i moan.

He laughs. "Need a break?"

"No," i said, "That was awesome!"

Tyler slaps his forehead, but he's smiling. "I had to stop you from flinging forward like ten times!" he says.

I blush. "Sorry."

"It's fine, dont worry about it. Hey, i'm craving a funnel cake. Want to share one?" he asks pulling out a wad of cash. He grabs a twenty, and stuffs the money back in his pocket.

"Sure," i say. "I like funnel cakes."

"Me too."

We'd almost rode all the rides. We had one more to do. X2. But when we'd gotton to the line, the amusment park had closed down.

"Please," Tyler tried to persuade him, "Just one more ride. She's never been here before, and she wanted to ride all the rides. Every. Single. One. Do you understand that?"

"Sorry. I dont get paid for over time." the man told him.

Tyler clenched his fists at his side, and he looked like he was about to blow his top. I grabed one of his clenched fist with both of mine, and he looked down at me.

"I dont mind," i say.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Tyler, i'm positive. I dont want you getting in a fight over a rollercoaster. We can do something else. How about watch a movie over at my place?"

I felt his fist in my hand relaxe, and his expression softened. A small smile appeared, and he said, "Yah. Sure. I'd like that."

We'd gotton home, and were now staring at all my movies.

"What do you wanna watch?" he asked me.

"I dont know."

"What genre?"

"I dont know."

"I want to hear your amazing laugh, how about a comedy?" he offers.

I shrug. "Sure, but i wont laugh. Well, for real. I like Will Ferrell. I have Tellediga Nights, STep Brothers, Tropic Thunder, Anchorman... uh... i like Talledega Nights. What about you?" i ask him.

"I love that movie," he replies. "I was going to say something, but, uh... it's your day."

"If you ahve any suggestions, i would love to hear them. I'm copletly confused. I've never had this much freeedom before, so i dont know what to do."

"Freedom? Picking out what to do is freedom for you?"

I nod. "Why? Is that bad?"

"Absolutely." he said.

"Oh," i reply, and look down at the movie as if expecting it to jump up and dance for me.

"Let's watch the movie," he says, and puts it in while i sit on the couch with a bowl of popcorn. He joins me, and steals a popcorn or two, but i dont mind. We watch the movie, we laugh, i secretly wish he would try something on me, but he never does.

When the movie is over, i force myself to realize the facts: He isnt into me. We're just friends. Close friends, but still friends.

"Alright, i ought to get home," he says, "But i'll see you at school on Monday, right?"