Author's Note #1

Hello dedicated readers! Did you know that we're almost at 500 reads? When I started this story, I didn't expect it to get as much love as it did. After one week worth of writing, we had already jumped to 100 reads. Votes will always be appreciated, but I know it can be hard to remember.

I apologize if anything in the book seems too slow or too fast. I have so much fun writing the flashback scenes of Cassie, but it's hard to incorporate her in the main story. Did her siblings accept her existence too quickly? She may not have spoken much so far, but that's because I feel as though giving her lines that belong to other characters takes away from the original characters' personalities. I'd rather she work her way into the complex relationships the other seven have already formed with one another.

It didn't take me too long to decide that Cassie and Diego would become a power couple. The only problem is working on a bond between them that only has about a week to form. The apocalypse won't show mercy to anyone. If anyone has any recommendation or requests for the plot, feel free to comment. I don't mind adding little scenes with Cassie and the others; it will help you feel for her better.

Lately, my updating routine hasn't exactly been regular. I promise to upload at least one chapter every week. With school and all the rest of my day to day activities, it can be hard to find the time to write. It can take anywhere from two to five hours to finish a chapter, and I can't always finish them in one day. I like to incorporate Cassie in as many scenes as she can be, mainly revolving around Diego of course, but she cares about Klaus as well. She enjoys Five's sarcasm, wants to learn more about her sisters, but like most of us, can't really appreciate Luther.

I hope the story isn't getting boring, and I hope to make it more exciting in the updates to come. Cassie may be getting herself into more dangerous situations as we get into the next episode. Once again comments are welcomed, and votes are appreciated. Don't stop reading!

- Your author, Alexandria H.