Chapter 1

Sonic's POV

"a party? for me?" I asked in surprise upon hearing what the pink hedgehog in front of me had blurted out. "oh no, i was supposed to keep it a secret, but i couldn't keep my mouth shut out of excitement again." That pink hedgehog, named Amy, said in regret of telling me about the upcoming party this evening for my birthday. "a party, ey?" I said to myself and smirked. "please don't tell anyone that i told you!" Amy begged and took my right hand into hers. "welllll...i'll think about it." I said teasingly. "Sonic!" She yelled. I chuckled in response. "okay okay, i promise i won't tell anybody that you told me about the surprise birthday party you wanted to throw for me." I said once my chuckling had ceased. "oh thank you Sonic!" She yelled in delight and hugged me tightly. "yeah, yeah, no problem." I said and gasped for breath.

She thankfully pulled away after some time. "i'll be going now. see you tonight Sonic!" Amy said in her usual cheerful mood. "yeah, see you there." I said and watched her walk off. I groaned and rubbed the back of my neck from her harsh grip once she was out of sight.

"a party, ey?" I muttered to myself with a smirk whilst walking home to a house that i shared with my self-proclaimed little brother. I chuckled briefly before stating my next statement. "i guess i shouldn't be to surprised. after all, they give me a birthday party every year." I said and walked down the small path that led to the front door of my house.

"Tails, i'm home!" I yelled as i walked into the hallway through the front door. I didn't receive an answer, so i guessed that Tails was currently out to visit Cream, or Knuckles. "he'll probably be home later." I muttered quietly to myself and walked into the living room. I sat down onto the couch and laid my head back against the couch and looked up at the ceiling. I had to admit that i was a bit excited for tonight, but it was a bit of a shame that i new about the party. I would've prefered not to know about it and i couldn't undo the fact that Amy told me. I didn't mind to much to know about it, but it just seemed like a shame that they were organizing a surprise party for me and i would know about it before they could even throw it.

It was getting late. I was about to fall asleep out of boredom till i heard the front door opening that was followed by a familiar voice calling out to me and telling me that he was home. "good to have you back at home Tails, i was starting to get worried." I said getting up from the couch and walking into the hallway to great my self-proclaimed little bro. "sorry to let you wait so long." Tails said. "heh, it's okay, i don't mind." I said and walked back into the living room. "so where'd you go?" I asked. "i went to visit Knuckles when he was at Club Rouge. actually i forgot something over there, can you come with me and retrieve it?" He asked. "sure, be right back in a sonic sec." I said and made my way to the front door. only to be stopped by someone pulling my jacket. "no! i want you to get it together with me." Tails said and ran outside before me. I shrugged and followed him. I closed the door behind me and locked it before making my way to Club Rouge.