Chapter 8

Sonic's POV

Tails had called everyone and told them to gathered here at our house. Only half an hour passed by before everyone was here. Knuckles had followed Tails to the workshop, Rouge had went along to tease him, Amy was busy with cream and cheese outside, leaving me and Shadow alone in the livingroom. There was an awkward silence between us. Everytime i looked at him i noticed that he had been staring at me from the corner of his eye and when our eyes met he blushed and looked away. I sighed. This mission was going to be awkward.

"So, heh, how was i?" I asked and chuckled nervously. "uhmm...Well, you were good. " Shadow stuttered. "i see...good to know i guess." I replied and looked in front of me again. I heard Shadow wince and looked at him. He looked a bit uncomfortable. "are you okay?" I asked. "yeah, just a small stomache ache." He replied. I believe it untill he winced again and clutched his lower belly. "are you sure?" I asked. "yes, it'll be over soon." He said.

After a few hours the Tornado was ready for take off and we were ready to leave. Amy, Cream and Chees stayed behind because Shadow, Tails, Knuckles and Rouge had already taken the four only seats in the Tornado. I climbed onto the wing of the plane, but someone seemed to disagree with that.

"are you sure you should be using the wing of the plane to sit on?" Tails asked. "sure, it won't be a problem." I answered. "that's what you said last time when you slipped, fell and broke both of your legs." Knuckles said and smirked. "yeah, don't want that to happen again, do you? you should switch with one of us so you can sit. i'm sure one of us wouldn't mind staying here." Tails sugested. "nah, i'll be fine littl bro." I said. "oh, Sonic, but i'm sure that a certain someone wouldn't mind sharing his seat with you." Rouge said and pushed a button to open this part of the seats. "that might not be such a bad idea." Tails said. He was grinning. And Knuckles was smirking. I wonder, did Tails tell Knuckles about last night. I guess he did, else he wouldn't be smirking like that. "come, Shadow! stand up!" Rouge said and made Shadow stand up. "huh, okay then." I said hesitantly and jumped down on the seat he had been previously sitting on. "i guess i should jumped out and do some other stuff and wait for you guys to return." Shadow said and wanted to climb out, but before he could Rouge had pushed him down, making him sit down onto my lap. Rouge closed the glass cap. "you know, Shadow can't wear the seatbell now. if he does it'll hurt him. so you'll have to do something else to keep him from getting hurt during the ride." Rouge said and made me wrap my arms around his waist with my hands resting on his lower belly.

Shadow groaned in annoyence and muffled the intercom with the other pair of seats. "Rouge for the last time! i. am. not. pregnant!" He said. "that's what you say and yet you're having stomache aches all morning." Rouge said smilling. "after all, stomache aches is a symptom of a bun in the oven." She said. Shadow growled in annoyence and decided to ignore her. I looked over my shoulder at her and saw her smilling. She could be such a troll sometimes.