lucas 1 | samedi 09:17

(original scene: episode 5; samedi 09:17)

We lie there. The sound of Eliott's breathing and heartbeat lingers in my ears. He lies not so much beside me, not even on top of me, his heavy breaths reaching the back of my neck. I shiver, as body warmth hits me and falls down my spine. This feels right.
It's silence, mostly. It's not an awkward, sad, guilty for leaving our "girlfriends" silence, more like an 'unguilty' silence- an innocent silence... Okay, maybe not so innocent. Eliott  speaks up after a while, "You know when I have a choice to make, I always tell myself that there are two paths to take."
"I end up taking one because I have to make a choice at the time, but I will never know what I missed by not taking the other one." He adds. "It drives me crazy." He puts his head gently back on, well, my back. He sighs. I pick up from the silence, "And now, don't you feel like you took the right path?" He laughs, softly, for a moment, "Yes, of course I do." I smile quietly to myself. It goes silent again for a minute, Eliott nestles his face more into my back, and after a while, I decide to talk again. "When I have a choice to make," I start, "I tell myself that there are other Lucases, in other parallel universes, who took the other path." I pause for a second, "So, between all of the Lucases of all the universes, we've tried everything." The conversation seems to be going nowhere, but suddenly nowhere is a destination, a vacation almost. "What are the other Lucases doing, right now?" Eliott asks, I have to think about it, as I never really have. "Right now?" I ask, stalling completely. He mummers a quiet, "Mhm." It takes me a moment.
"Now, there is a very muscular Lucas who's surfing a huge wave in Bali." Eliott laughs, "Ok." I continue, "Another one is in a skyscraper in New York, signing a million-euro contract... with some very upset Russains."
"How do you know that your Lucas businessman isn't at the top of the building, ready to jump into the void. Like a huge burn out-" I butt in, "But that's awful!" We laugh. "You ever think about it?" I ask. "I admit, I don't really believe in all that." He says.
"But you're wrong." I start, "Because there are many other Lucases and many other Eliotts, in other parallel universes, who are together now." Eliott suddenly moves, reaching over for his phone. I sigh, sinking my head further into the mattress as it's a sign he'll leave. I don't want that. He sighs to himself when he looks at his phone, I panic a little. "Is it Lucille?" I ask, I don't want her mentioned in the middle of this. "Fuck, I'm dead." He replies, which I have no idea what it means. He puts his phone away and resumes his rightful place on my back. "You know what?" He says, "Eliott number four-hundred and fifty-two has to go talk to her." I can't help but smile to myself. "Me though?" He adds, "I'm staying right here." He hugs me from behind and lets us stay that way. The way it should be. I'm in a state of disbelief, "Really?" I say, the excitement not being able to stabilize itself when I speak up. "Mhm." He murmurs, kissing my back gently as he rests his head back down. I whisper lightly, "Well, Lucas number one is very happy with this decision." I feel him smile subtly, as he wraps his arms around me and chuckles quietly to himself. This is how it should be, any other parallel universe must be in the wrong.

And I don't feel bad at all, because I'm here with him. Lucas number one will always be number one.

And like that, we fall asleep, the quiet noises of Eliott breathing is soothing, replacing the normal music that usually floods through my ears to let me sleep. I relax.

This is right.