eliott 452 | just me and him

"Because there are many other Lucases and many other Eliotts, in other parallel universes, who are together now," Lucas says, quietly. I hear my phone's text tone subtly getting louder until it rings in my ears.
I don't want to talk to her right now.
I hesitantly go and grab my phone, making Lucas twitch underneath me. He seems panicked, "Is it Lucille?" I'm reluctant to answer his sour question, it makes my mouth feel cold; numb.
"Yes," I reply cautiously. Lucas sighs as he digs his face more into the pillows. I think about it for a second. I could stay here, a place where I'm supposed to be, or actually work shit out with Lucille. I try to bring myself to the decision which would be more sensible.
                                  ***
"Do you have to talk to her?" Lucas is really trying to hold me back. It did take a lot of thinking, but it was for the best. "I need to tell her. She should understand. I promise, I'll see you in school." I say, I pull down my shirt and slowly get my black hoodie on top. Lucas rolls onto his back, one hand on stomach and the other at his side, he stares blankly at the ceiling. I apologise, saying how it'll help us and the future. Maybe the future was an unnecessary topic to bring up straight away. He sits up a little, a plead into making me stay. His head is facing down, like a five-year-old trying to get their Mum to buy them the toy they want so badly, he sulks. I think he's pouting. I laugh and walk over to him before I go. He doesn't look up, I bring my hand underneath his chin and delicately lift his head up. His eyes meet mine, "Hey," I say softly, he doesn't move. My thumb softly strokes his neck, "I'll see you." I don't leave a time mark at the end, because I'm not sure if it's going to be 'later', could be days. I bring my hand up through his hair, stopping at the back of his head to lean in. He somewhat accepts the kiss, letting me leave as I think about what the other Eliott in a parallel dimension who stayed with Lucas is doing right now.
                                      ***
Lucille asked me to meet outside of my apartment. I startle her as I appear behind her, as she stared at my apartment building. "What the fuck, Eliott?" She asks, it sounded like a question, but it isn't really one. "Where were you? You didn't even come out of your apartment to meet me," She adds, I'm not really sure what to say.
I was at Lucas' apartment, we ran away from you and Chloé last night. We then made out passionately in the rain and went back to his and had sex.
What does she want me to say? She knows this has happened with others, why does she even bother asking? "I, I-" Lucille just jumps right at my words, "I know you were with Lucas you dumbass, you just shouldn't have ran off like that." I stare at her, the way Lucas stared down the ceiling this morning. Completely blank. I laugh, and I'm not even sure why I do, "You seem so worried." Lucille looks at me like I really truly am a dumbass, a racoon going onto a highway; blind. "Of course I'm worried Eliott!" She screams, "You could've easily got yourself killed. You run out like that all the time. At least you had someone with you." Her shouts are ringing in my ears, I'm used to it by now though. "Lucille, I'm fine. Why can't you trust me?" Again, she looks at me like I've forgotten my own name. "Your parents need someone to look after you, even if we aren't the same as we were, I still made a promise. I'm not going to let you die on my watch." I nod, feeling like a child after having a protest to not follow rules, I feel powerless. Sometimes, with Lucille, she feels more like the mother I never really had more than a 'girlfriend', like a babysitter who is actually a distant cousin or a friend of a friend. It isn't right. I should be allowed my own way, just me and Lucas.

Just me and him.

I continue to sulk as Lucille screams at me. It's the same every single time I run off.
"You could've died, Eliott."
"It would've been all my fault, Eliott."
"Maybe you should act more like a grown up, Eliott."
"You either like me or him, Eliott."
"He doesn't like you at all, Eliott."
"You can't do anything you're too sick."
That's where I draw the line.
Quoting my parents, "sick" is where it should stop. But maybe that's only because I don't believe I'm sick.

Maybe I am.

I hope the other Eliott is having fun with Lucas.

————————————————————

A/N: hello people!! so, i'm still not even sure if this is a good story idea or not. but i really wanted to try and write different scenes either from the show like this one, or maybe even my own and show two different paths for decisions. it gives more elu content, and shows what all the other lucases and eliotts have to deal with in their different life decisions. please vote if you are liking this ahhh!!