Chapter 4: Investigation Begins

Everyone panicked after they saw her dead and TV cameras turned away from the horrifying sight but it briefly recorded Shiho as she stormed inside. I saw her on the monitor screen and I found Professor Agasa who was looking for Shiho.

"Professor!"

"I'm sorry, Shinichi-kun. I lost Ai-kun." he said.

"Listen, don't let anyone out of this place before the police came here!" I told him, "Is that clear?"

Agasa blocked the door and I went towards Shiho.

"You're not allowed! Nobody's allowed to leave yet!" he shouted as everyone were stampeding to the door and as Ran wanted to ask me about what had happened, she saw me talking to Shiho.

"Why have you come back?!" I asked her.

"I've come to get the cake..." she replied, "...and investigate its contents. Then maybe..."

I took off the blazer and used to cover her up.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"This is a live broadcast on television or on Internet." I replied, "The viewership ratings of this live broadcast are around 20%. Based on the statistics, the Black Organization will know your whereabouts. In any case, leave this place quickly."

"No." Shiho said, "I won't let this chance slip away. How long...are you going to stay as Edogawa Conan? Don't you want to turn back into Kudo Shinichi?"

I was about to reply when Ran interrupted as she felt devastated by seeing me with Shiho.

"Shinichi? What are you doing?" Ran asked me and Shiho greeted her with a smile.

"It has nothing to do with you." I replied. Then, I earned a confrontational reproach from Sonoko and she pulled me through the necktie.

"Hey, you! What do you mean it has nothing to do with her? Don't you know how long Ran has been waiting for you? Despite this, when she thought she finally met you, you're with another woman."

"You don't understand this." I sighed.

"HELP! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!" shouted Agasa as he couldn't hold the stampede anymore longer.

"In any case, there's no time to explain." I said to Ran and Sonoko.

"Understand? Get outta here quickly." I whispered to Shiho and I rushed towards Professor Agasa to help him. And Shiho ran towards the kitchen to search for alcoholic spirit, which was used in making cakes that we ate.

"Who is that woman anyway?" asked Sonoko.

"That woman... looks... familiar. Who does she resembles?" wondered Ran.

As what I feared for, Gin and Vodka indeed spotted Shiho in the Internet.

"I really wanted to see you, Sherry." said Gin and he burned the picture of Sherry with a lighted cigarette, meaning he will kill her.

Despite that they couldn't attend the competition, Genta and Ayumi have to sleepover at Mitsuhiko's house and there they watched the live broadcast on a laptop, which they also saw the footage of Karen's death.

"What?!" shouted Genta.

"She's dead?" gasped Mitsuhiko.

"Oh my! I wonder Conan-kun is okay there." said Ayumi anxiously.

Then, they saw the footage of Shiho who stormed inside.

"Huh? There's Haibara!" said Genta.

"No, Genta-kun. That woman does look like Haibara but she can't be Haibara-san." said Mitsuhiko.