Chapter 3

"Ok Meg what's the agenda." I ask Meg, the designated mom of our group, as I jump onto the bed and lay my head in Julia's lap.

"Ok I've got face masks, and some nail polish and wax." She piles the stuff on the bed as she talks "who needs what?"

"I went for a wax yesterday but I'd love to do my nails. I have more paints if you want." I get up to get my collection of beauty products from the bath room.

"I need to wax my eyebrows!" Sarah sighs cringing

"Oh I wanted to dye mine, please say I didn't work the dye." Julia gets up to check as I get back into the room adding my box to the pile on the bed.

"I have here if you need." Julia looks at me gratefully as she stands from Rifling through her bag.

"Ok wax and dye first then masks and nails" Meg smiles and we fall into an all too familiar routine.

"Ok so what's up with Tommy boy." Sarah asks then cringes as Meg rips the wax strip from between her eyebrows.

"What do you mean." I shrug indifferently and continue filling my nails.

"Getting you pizza and...."

Julia cuts Sarah off as she says "running his fingers up and down your leg." Sarah looks at Julia with a mysterious smile.

"Oh please guys that's just Tom."

"Please Elz I've seen Tom around you before. This seems different."

"And Alex" adds Meg ripping of another strip from Sarah's forehead this time.

"What about Alex." I sigh

"I can't agree with you on that on jay" Julia and we all laugh.

"Oh come on guys now that's just Alex." They all send me sceptical looks. "Ok why does it even matter, Jay would flip out properly if anything happened." I give them all pointed looks then add "with either of them."

"Forbidden romance, how enticing." Meg giggles and I throw a pillow at her.

"Ok ok, changing the topic." Sarah laughs, "but only slightly "Your brother has a fine selection of friends there!" We all laugh and agree, and the conversation flows endlessly from there.

Despite our best efforts by the end of the afternoon we are all rushing to get showered, dressed and do our makeup.

Ju is wearing light blue straight leg jeans, and the cute lacy blue strap shirt I thrifted in Cape Town, along with her very well loved (and I mean old) doc martins. Her long brown hair is tied back into a loose side parted tie pony. As usual her make up is heavy, it's gorgeous yes but I always feel a little sad because I know she does it out of self consciousness.

Meg is wearing tight black jean pants, with a tight red strap top, covered with Sarah's leather jacket. She is borrowing Megs pair of doc Martin -like shoes. Her black bob has been left naturally wavy and her always flawless skin has only a tiny of makeup.

Sarah, being Sarah, is wearing a long sleeve, gold top, a low waisted denim skirt and her old white takkies. Her make up is extra of coarse and her dead straight blond hair is in a high pony.

And then me. I choice a simple black skort and a tight long sleeve black shirt I borrowed from Sarah. It has a gorgeous heart neckline so the gold cross I always wear is on full display. My light brown hair lies in its normal curls to just above my shoulders. I check my natural makeup quickly as I hear jay screaming from the kitchen for us to hurry up.

I grab my country road black bag as I walk to join the kitchen in my socks. Julia, Meg and Sarah are already sitting at the table eating.