Chapter 6

"Shit" Tom mumbles.

"Damn straight! What the hell are you doing? You're way over the line! Kissing my sister!" Jay shouts and starts to walk away.

I roll my eyes and follow him down the passage to kitchen "Jay, Calm down and let's just talk about this." I try to calm him down.

"Here's nothing to talk about! You guys were kissing. He kissed you!" Jay screams storming into the kitchen

"And not for the first time ether" Sarah smirks

"Ya last night." Meg confirmed

"Thanks guys, that helps so much." I say sarcastically .

"I can't believe you man!" My brother says to Tom "I can't believe you would use my sister like..."

" woah woah woah!" I say calming "using me? Excuse you I don't get used!" Jay looks at me questioningly. "Have you maybe ever thought that I wanted to kiss him?" Wow I am really digging myself a grave. Everyone is looking at me and my brother waiting for us to say the next thing.

" you... you wanted to .... to .....kiss him?" My brother stutters.

"Uh,......yes." I say

"You better say you wanted to kiss her too, or so help me god!....." my brother screams

"Yes of coarse. Geez jay." Tom says.

"So,so,so you guys like each other?"

"Well, I like El." Tom says. I look at Tom confused or shocked I don't know.

"El?" Alex asks

"Ha, What?"

"Do you like Thomas?" Julia presses

"Yes." I say. It's not a lie. Tom is smart, kind, caring and has been a good friend to me for years. I just don't know right now what I'm feeling. I guess I just a bit of time to adjust to this situation.

Jay rubs his eyes "so you guys are like a thing?" Tom and I look at each other then the rest of the room. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels a bit awkward at how this situation is turning out.

"Um jay we haven't really had a chance to talk about anything." I say looking at my brother.

"I'm going to work out!" Alex says walking out, fists balled and jaw clenched.

"This is wired, this is really really wired." Jay mumbles.

"You think" I mumble.

"Oh good. You two can have breakfast!" My mom says walking in "wow. You can cut the tension in this room with a knife." She laughs

"I wish I Had a knife!" Jay mumbles. And Sarah, Meg and Julia barely contain there laughter.

"What's going on?" My mom asks

"Why don't you tell her." My brother says glaring at me.

"She knows jay" I say sitting at the table and Tom follows my lead.

"You know!" Jay says looking at my mum.

"That Tom and El kissed?" My asks, "yes" she smiles at jay as she places two plates of food in front for Tom and I.

"And you're not going to try talk some sense into her or hell even him?" Jay asks

"Jay" she laughs "you are being very dramatic about this. I think it's sweet." My brothers horrified face

"Why the hell would I be happy about my best friend shacking up with my sister, my little sister"

"Oh my word jay!" I say