Chapter 12

Zayn's POV:

Zayn was lying on the couch situated in the corner of the cold foyer. And it was unfortunately not as comfy as it looked like despite all the multi-coloured flowers decorating it. Basically, it was too small, too sticky and too not like his bed back home. But as Zayn folded himself into a ball while burying his face in a cushion, he figured it would have to do.

He had gone back to the hotel about half an hour ago, but when he had realised the room was empty, well, he didn't have a hard time figuring out where Harry was. And although he was proud of Harry and his achievements, there were a few things more depressing than lying in bed alone when you knew that only a few meters away was your best friend having the sex of his life. Literally. And there you were. All alone with an unnecessary large amount of bed space.

And now here he was; with an unnecessary little amount of couch space. Clearly the better option. Good thing one of his few skills included "able to sleep anywhere, anytime."

The thing was that Zayn wasn't a bitter person. Once, when he was younger, he used to be really into Pokémon, and one of his sisters who wasn't even a tenth as into it as he was, had managed to get all off the really good, golden cards instead of Zayn who desperately wanted them. The only Pokémon she had known about of was Pikachu for Christ's sake. But instead of trying to convince his sister to give them to him, he had simply swallowed his sorrow and tried to appreciate her happiness instead.

But everyone had their limits. And Zayn's limits are what had pushed him into lying cold, and lonely in the dark. Literally and figuratively. It's funny how niceness has a way of only making you less happy. Or rather, it's not funny at all and that's the problem.

But Zayn also knew that Harry's happiness is what would make him happy too, in the end of the day. Therefore, he typed him one text message he knew Harry would appreciate before closing his eyes.

He just wished he could be happy too when he woke up.

Liam's POV:

Just as Liam had put his sunglasses on to conceal his identity, he could feel his phone buzzing in his back pocket. He brought it to his ear.

"Yes?"

"Agent 007, this is N speaking. Reveal your position."

"I am currently at London, Gatwick. Give me one hour and I'll meet you at the headquarters."

"Noted. And could you repeat your mission?"

"Find Louis Tomlinson, and bring him back to the agency, dead or alive. Preferably alive, although I can't make any promises."

"Of course not, I know how dangerous this mission will be. After all, 007-agents have a very short life expectancy. But if anyone can do it, it is you, agent 007."

"Roger that. However, as much as I appreciate the kind words, I fear must get going. I will not fail you N."

"You better not, the entire future of the great empire One Direction lies in your hands."

"It's a hard job, but someone's gotta do it."

"Indeed. Good luck."

Liam ended the call, because who needs luck? Luck was for losers. All he needed was his massive abs, gigantic biceps and unfaltering charm and everything would work out.

He pushed himself through the thick crowd when he spotted just who he wanted! It was Tom from the wanted unknown mafia group named The wanted! Also known as Louis' arch-enemy! If anyone knew where Louis was, it was him.

"Hey, Tom!" Liam called out.

The man in a black suit turned around, and when he saw Liam, his expression quickly turned hostile. His eyebrows furrowed and he glared darkly at Liam, who stayed put and unfaltering.