Chapter 1- The "Ipod"

It's 6th year now. The dark Lord is rising. Hogwarts is my escape from all the planning, curses, and eventful evenings of meaningless proposals that will supposedly "strengthen the pureblood line". But I had just arrived at platform 9 3/4. Where the only pureblood that had the guts to stand up to me was Pansy Parkinson. And I could at least deal with her. I was a Malfoy after all. I was looking for a compartment when I saw bushy brown hair waving madly. I peaked into the compartment and saw...."Granger?" I said smirking. She looked over at me blushing she had weird wires coming out of her ears and she was dancing in a circle madly. She looked so cute staring at her shoes in embarrasment.

"I-I didn't think anyone could see me..." She whispered her face turning a bright crimson. I laughed.

"Don't worry I won't tell." I said looking at her face now returning back to normal. "What's that?" I asked questioningly pointing at the strange box and wires. She held it up.

"This is an Ipod." She explained. "It transfers music from the box to the wires so only I can hear it." She looked glad that she knew something I didn't.

"Don't get too cocky Granger, I'm not a know it all muggleborn!" I scoffed immediately regretting it. "Sorry....I didn't mean it that way." She looked so surprised. Did she think of me that lowly? It hurt that this girl....this beautiful, smart, kind girl....thought I was so evil...I scolded myself, why would i feel this way about a Mudblood? "May I?" I said pointing to the "Ipod".

"Sure!" She exclaimed. She touched the side of my face gently. I melted at the touch. When her hand glazed my cheek I felt as if my destiny didn't exist and I could be whoever, LOVE whoever. She placed the thing she called an earbud in my ear. She put the other one in her ear. The song was slow and melodic. About a girl and boy, not meant for each other but deeply in love....after a few minutes I felt a head against my shoulder. I looked down to see Hermione's head on my shoulder her body curled up against mine. I stared at her smiling. She was asleep.... And I fell asleep too. I was awaken by a voice, angry by the sounds of it.

"What the in bloody hell are you doing with 'Mione?" I look up to see red flaming hair and a pissed off face staring down at me. I shushed him.

"Shut it weasel! You'll wake her!" I whispered. He looked red in the face. Harry looked so utterly confused I almost felt sorry for him. I gently lifted Hermione's  head and scooted her against the wall of the compartment. I smirked at the dumbfounded boys and left the compartment. Just as I  left the compartment I realized I had left my slytherin robe draped over Hermione like a blanket. I looked back one more time. And I knew one thing for sure. She may be a mudblood. But she was my mudblood. And nothing could stop me from trying my best to see her smile.