Chapter 32

"Good Morning Yura!"

"Good Morning Nami", flashing her smile, Yura bows slightly as she greets her cubicle partner. Sasaki Nanami, or in short, Nami, has been her cubicle partner ever since her internship days. She is 3 years older than Yura and has been working at the company for more than 2 years. Being in a company that is built by a joint venture of a Japanese and a Korean, it has been made compulsory for all the staffs working there to be fluent in both Japanese and Korean. Or at least, making an effort to be fluent in both by taking language classes as they work there.

This has made Yura feel entirely at home whenever she is at the office. She can speak Korean with almost everyone there, and that made her feel welcomed. She is blessed. Very blessed. Feeling as if her luck has been used, Yura couldn't be more thankful that she already is. Everyone seems to be so inviting, always attending to her whenever she was unsure on her task, making sure she well taken care off.

Her life has been blessed with countless of kind people.

"Have you heard? Our Mrs Han from the Seoul Office is coming back and she's bringing a team for our Magazine's 10th year anniversary special edition", Nami whispered as she raised her eyebrows playfully at Yura.

"A team? What do you mean a team? We have a team here...right?"

"I think they're proceeding with the initial plan. Joint production with the Seoul Team. It's like a special edition for both versions. The Korean version and the Japanese version. Thus, Mrs Han said it will be a breath of fresh air to make both team work together here. We can get to know the team that has been working in Seoul and....vice versa." Nami nods as she twirls around in her chair, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"Stop day-dreaming Nami, you have another article to write"

"Sometimes I wonder how I became a content creator.... I just want to throw myself out of the windows one of these days", scoffing as she stomps her feet playfully on the floor, Nami finally turned to her table, resuming her task.

"Yura? Are you there?"

"Yes yes!", she quickly got to her feet, turning to look at the tall middle-aged lady standing at one end of the cubicle row.

"Can I see you for a while? In my room?", Mrs Endo, the motherly figure of the division, stood there, smiling so earnestly as she looks at Yura. If there is a word to describe her, it will be lovely. She's almost 40 but she looks as if she never aged after she passed 30. The way she smiles ever so brightly whenever she speaks seems to take your exhaustion away just by looking at her.

Everyone loves her

She's so affectionate, soft-spoken and very understanding. And she was the one who suggested Yura to work there permanently.

-

"Yura my dear, I have a small request...or more like a favor to ask from you". Mrs Endo leans forwards, resting both her hands on her big black wooden table. "The team from Seoul is arriving next week. They might be sending around five or six people to collaborate with our team, the Tokyo team for our upcoming 10th year anniversary. I'd like you to be exposed to one of our major works, therefore, will it be okay if I include your name in the team for this project?"

"Me? You want me to be in this project? But—"

"I know you're going to say that you're still new and perhaps doesn't deserve to work on something big", she chuckles under her breath, leaning back as she relaxes her hands on her thighs. "I want you to be in this project. With that brain of yours, you'll fit right in"