The Trends Can Bring Memories

No one's p.o.v. (again-)

The blue squids were talking about the latest splatfest, each of them getting excited over different things.

"I can't wait to see the new ink colors!" Headphones said, smiling to the three.

"Well I can't wait to get new gear!" Glasses beamed, slightly muttering about the fact that he didn't want to give the shirts away after the splatfest.

"I really want to eat the food!" Bobble giggled, making the other two give her a 'wtf, r u srs rn?' look.

"I wish that he was here..." Goggles mumbled under his breath, his gaze seeming to be far off in the distance, almost like as if he was lost. The three inklings frowned at this, each of them wishing that Goggles' lover was here as well. There was silence between them as they walked to the lobby.

"We all wish he was here as well. He was kind to us and supported us until the very end. We all miss him, Goggles," Headphones said, giving Goggles a pat in the shoulder. Goggles gave them a smile, hugging the female.

"Thank you, Headphones!" Goggles said, giving her a toothy smile. Headphones wearily smiled back, pulling away and patting his head.

"Now let's go!" Glasses cried, dragging Bobbles with him as he went inside. Goggles and Headphones giggled at Glasses' behavior, walking inside themselves.

??? P.o.v.

"Oi, they're inside the lobby... What should I do now?" I asked over the radio, curious. That blue squid... Goggles... He WILL be MINE!

"Can you just wait until the Tournament is announced? Yeesh, you're so impatient.." the person from the other line said, sighing. I clicked my tongue, getting annoyed.

"Just hurry up already. I haven't got all day-"

"Leader! We're up in a Battle!" One of my teammates interrupted my conversation. I sighed and hanged up on the other person from the other line.

"Fine, let's go.." I mumbled, walking off with my teammate. I found the other two conversing with each other and smiled a bit.

"Hey guys, you ready?" I asked them, taking out my weapon. They both nodded, pulling out their own weapons. With that, I walked off to the lobby, going in.

Goggles p.o.v.

As me and my friends waited to battle, I noticed a green haircut among the crowd, a small smile in my face. I crept up on the person, careful to not make myself be seen by them. Once I was close enough, I made my hands way to their pants and pulled them down, screaming,

"Hi, Gloves!!!"

"What the-?! GOGGLES!!!" His face turned green, pulling his pants up quickly. "What was THAT for?!"

"I just wanted to say hi!" I exclaimed, smiling.

"THAT'S NOT HOW YOU SAY HI TO PEOPLE, YOU IDIOT!" Glasses and Headphones screamed.

"Haha, idiot!" Bobbles giggled in the back, smiling as well.

"I-It's fine..." He mumbled, fixing his shirt. I think I pulled it while I pantsed him... The minute I thought of him, I felt another lump in my throat. His smile, his loving aura, his wonderful personality, his warmth...

"gles... GOGGLES!!!" I snapped out of my trance, looking at my teammates and Gloves.

"Huh?" I slipped out, blinking. "What's wrong?" Glasses sighed, shaking his head.

"You were thinking of him again..." Glasses muttered.

"What? No, I wasn't!" I giggled, trying to hide my stirring feels.

"Yes you were. Everytime you think of him, you always have that distant gaze." Headphones and Bobbles said in unison. I sighed, hanging my head low.

"Is it about his death?" Gloves asked in a quiet voice, knowing very well of what had happened. I nodded, realizing that I was shaking.

"Yeah! But I'm fine!" I giggled, smiling.

"Hey, after the battle, do you wanna look for some gear?" Gloves asked to me. I nodded, smiling.

[After the battles...]

"Goggles! Let's go to the stores!" Gloves called out, grabbing my hands and running over there anyways.

"Sure!" I giggled, running quicker than him. He gave me a 'wtf' look. I'm guessing he never saw me and my Lover train that much...

"Welcome to art thou store of great gratitude of gear," the shopkeeper said, bowing down to Goggles and Gloves. Gloves nodded and prodded off to see some new shirts. The shopkeeper stopped Goggles from going along with Gloves, a hint of sadness in them.

"Huh? Am I gonna get kicked out of the store for tickling you yesterday?" Goggles smiled, confused.

"Sorry for your lost of him... It's grieving to not see him again." Goggles sighed, knowing very well of who the shopkeeper was talking about.

"Y-Yeah... It's tomorrow of his anniversary," Goggles replied, sending them a small smile. The shopkeeper nodded, letting Goggles go.

"Hey, Goggles! Look what I found!" Gloves called out among the racks and racks of shirts, pulling out a black inky rider jacket. Goggles ran over, seeing what it is.

"It's..." Goggles felt the leathery jacket, a weary smile in his face. "I remember I used to steal this from him all the time.." Memories of him and the other ran through his mind, making him clutch onto the jacket. He grabbed it from Gloves, hugging it closely. Once again, tears ran down his face, his body slowly sinking to the floor.

"Goggles, are you okay?!" Gloves cried, bending down and rubbing his back to comfort him. Goggles looked up to him, his aquamarine eyes watering as more tears streamed down perfectly. The three words that escaped Goggles mouth made the green, trendy inkling's heart shatter.

"I miss Rider."