Chapter 7

AN: I'm sooooooory... Wrote quickly and hardly edited this so prepare for a lot of eye sore... (I''ll come back and edit this once I have more time) I hope you stick around after this haha Part 8 is gonna be a climax and I'm excited to start working on that!

I always went by a code. Hoes before bros. Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries.

And that meant leaving whatever was happening with me and Ben behind to make sure Ann was okay. I raced up to my room and found her curled up in a fetal position on my bed, sobbing. It broke my heart to see my best friend so vulnerable. Her body was shaking in time with her gut-wrenching sobs.

I immediately got on the bed next to her and took her in my arms, she cried louder into my shoulder. I tried to calm her down as best as I could so I could at least get a little background on why she was crying. I did manage to get the sentence "Chris and I broke up." in between her sobbing.

I'm going to kill Chris. I'm going to kill him dead. And then I'm going to kill him some more.

Why the fuck did Chris break up with her? This was going to take some time before Ann could talk to me properly so I slowly took out my phone from my pocket. I didn't want Ann to think she didn't have my full attention, but I needed to know more about what had just happened to Ann and Chris.

I navigated to the message app on my phone with one hand and clicked on Jerk Face on my contacts. I hadn't had time to change that yet. And sometimes, the name still applied so I never felt like changing it.

'Did you know that Chris broke up with Ann?' I waited for him to read my message. And then I saw the typing icon.

'No, I was not aware of this.'

'Well he did and now she's a mess and I can't get the details on why they broke up!'

'I'll call him right now.'

I put the phone down and waited to get some answers. Ann was still sobbing and I knew no amount of calming her down would make her stop. She just needed to cry until she ran out of tears and then we could start talking about it.