Chapter Two

WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SELF HARM 

Peter's Pov 

The looks on everybody's faces made me want to crawl into a hole and die. The blank expression of seeing a 16-year-old kid covered head to toe in scars cuts and bruises plastered on every face in the room. I looked over at Tony as a tear slid down his normally emotionless face. I wish I had stayed at school. 

Tony walked up to me, eyes glazed over like Randy's Donuts. He grabbed my hand and said nothing as he led me to the elevator. When we got back to the penthouse he told me to sit down and looked me dead in the eyes and said "what happened and who's ass do I need to beat" I took one breath and said, May. Tony's face went from concerned to furious "How long has this been happening" he said spitting out every word like it hurt to say. my voice quivered as I said for a few years but not all of them are from her. Tony looked at me in shock who else has been hurting you. He was just barely holding back tears. I looked up at him then down at my arm I grabbed the towel that was wrapped around my waist and rubbed off the last of the makeup. Revealing a line of cuts that I had managed to hide. I felt a drop of water run down my face when I looked up at the one person who has ever cared enough to notice the pain I was in and said "me".  Tony's lip quivered and he cried "Why".  At this point, tears were falling down my face like a waterfall and as I saw ironman let his guard down and cry I knew I could trust him. Mr. Stark grabbed my arm and looked at me "you can tell me all I want is to help". 

Tony's POV 

Peter looked scared out of his mind which made me glad I took him upstairs he wouldn't be able to handle this in front of the others he brought his knees to his face and cried voice shaking barely getting out the words "I don't want to be alive anymore". Those words broke my heart hearing a kid who I've never seen be anything but completely optimistic the same kid who brightens the room as soon as he walks in telling me he wants to end his life I wanted nothing more than to protect him and be more than a mentor to be the person to save him from himself and his so-called family but I knew that May would come looking for him she seems so loving but she has exposed Peter to something no kid should have to  deal with. I will save this kid I'm ironman its what I do.

(Timeskip later that night)

Peter's POV 

After I told Tony about May and how I've been cutting myself he will not let me out of sight it is now 5:30 and my aunt gets home at 6:00. Tony, can I go home yet? He looked at me with that concerned yet angry glare he has had all day "only if you can promise me you won't get hurt again". I had cried way too much that day so I just looked down and said: "No but I can promise that if I stay May will only hurt me more". He looked at me and you could tell that he knew I was right "fine but let Happy and I drive you" I wanted nothing more than to tell him I was fine but I knew he would know I was lying so I agreed. 

The ride was the most awkward thing ever I left my sweatshirt in the tower so Tony spent the whole ride staring at my arm until I put it behind my back. We pulled up to my street and I got out we didn't want aunt may seeing me get out of Tony Starks limo. I walked up to the house and her car was in the driveway. I opened the door and saw her standing there waiting for me to come home. She looked at me and grabbed my arm I tried to get away but her grip was tight I could feel the circulation cutting off from my hand and the stinging of the wounds on my wrist. She grabbed the tenderizer from the drawer yelling at me for skipping school and coming home late. She hit my arm, thigh and once on my head and I was back passed out on the floor.

(Timeskip 2:30) 

I finally woke up in a pool of my own blood with a note from May that said 

"you passed out but you deserved more than what I had done before, enjoy the new scars"

the note smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. I had enough I ran up the stairs weak and covered in blood I grabbed my backpack and packed everything that was useful to me and I ran out the door, that could not have been a worse decision. I had lost a lot of blood I fell a quarter mile from the place I once called home. I did the only thing I could do I grabbed my phone and called Tony. 

Tonys POV

RING RING RING my phone was going off who could possibly be calling me at 3:00 am  I looked at my phone and my heart dropped I answered the phone and heard Peter weak and in pain suddenly he stopped talking I jumped out of bed and ran to my computer "FRIDAY track Peter Parker" I got a ding and ran to where I kept my suit. I flew to Peter only to find him bleeding in the rain alone. I picked him up and went back to the tower and to the medical wing. I called Strange he was not too happy to get a call at 3:00 in the morning but he came. the new wounds he had were deep and needed stitches I needed to know the full story. About an hour later Peter was awake.