9. Time Together

The married wizards enjoyed their time at the circus

            The married wizards enjoyed their time at the circus. They could see how close each of the members were, how much of a family they were to each other. Although Sirius was hesitant to bring Harry to Grimmauld Place, he caved once Harry gave him puppy eyes. But Remus also suggested they invite the Cortez's, which made things rather humorous for Sirius.

When walking through the door they were greeted with a cranky house elf and a screaming painting. The loud shrieking woman was going on about 'filthy half bloods' and 'blood traitors' but once she started shouting about them being mudbloods, Mia was quick to give her famous glare.

"You dare insult a Cortez? All that inbreeding must've ridden you of brain cells." She mocked.

Sirius had never heard his mother so quiet and spent minutes laughing at the pure horror and embarrassment on her face. The Cortez family got to know more about the couple, and trusted them a bit more. Mia was of course still ready to murder the two if harm came to her son, but knew it'd be a quick death.

Harry had quite enjoyed being with his godfathers, and found the stories of his birth parents to be funny.
Sirius and Peter became close friends, causing mischief wherever they went, much to Remus's and Jack's delight.
As promised, the two Hogwarts professors stopped by the circus to do small lessons with Harry. Both were surprised by how advanced the boy was, but Severus was more put off by the look of amazement on Harry's face when he was brewing a potion.

"I told you he was a fan." Mia shrugged.

Behind her, Sirius was pouting. "Why is he a fan of Snivellus?"

Every time Snape arrived at their home, Harry followed the man like a puppy, ready to learn something new, which made Sirius rather jealous. "He's stealing my godson!" He whined.

"If you're so bothered, go to the potions lab. Maybe you'll learn something."

He gave her a look of horror and disbelief. "Spend the day with Snivellus?! I'd rather die!"

"I'll write you a great eulogy. You're gonna have to dig your own grave though, I'm a bit busy."

"I'll just wait till it's Minnie's time." He glowered, leaving the tent while muttering about betrayals and not even digging for him. It didn't take long for Sirius to get used to Snape, but that didn't mean he liked him.

Snape and Mia found a mutual respect for one another, though Mia was certain he was just afraid of her and didn't want to make her angry. Mia ended up teaching Snape a thing or two about potions from different countries and how things have changed throughout the years. Snape had never been more excited, not that he'd admit it.

McGonagall quite enjoyed her visits to the Cortez home, though she was annoyed whenever Sirius and Remus tried to get her to go on a ride. She found the family to be interesting, and full of knowledge and history that she'd never known. But there were still things she wanted answers to.