talking.

"Hello Delilah

"Hello Delilah." Adam says as I open the door.

"Hi Adam, come in." I say and let him in the house.

I close the door behind him and then we go and sit on the couch.

"where are your parents and Everleigh?" he ask.

"upstairs. After we talk if you want to see Ev you can. I won't stop you."

"I'd like that. I miss her." We sit on silence for awhile before Adam starts talking. "Why did you want to talk about? i thought you made it clear in your letter that you didn't want me?"

"i thought it would be the adult thing to talk to you. You are Everleigh's dad and I want you to be in her life." I say to him.

"Then why did you ignore my phone calls and texts?"

"I was scared. You were hurting me and then you hurt our daughter. I didn't want to stay with you any longer."

"I'm sorry."

"Really? then why did you do it?"

"I was scared that you would leave me. You would just take Everleigh and leave. And you did just that."

"Adam. I want you to be in Ev's life. I just need you to change."

"change what?"

"stop drinking and maybe therapy so you can talk to someone about me leaving with Everleigh. We can go with you so we can talk as a family."

"are we still a family?"

"yes. even if you and me aren't together we are still a family."

"do you want to try am us again?"

"i don't know."

"even if I change?"

"maybe. i'd have to see if though."

"okay. i'll change. I want you back Delilah."

"You do?"

"yeah, and not just for Everleigh. my parents aren't together and i'm not the best person, but yours are and you are such an amazing person. I want Everleigh to have a shot at that."

"I don't know Adam."

"Is it that Tom guy? Lilah you barely know the guy."

"No it's not him. I feel like I barely know you."

I feel like my parents are listening. They are so protective especially now that they know Adam isn't the best person for me.

"I'll change i promise. Delilah please." He grabs my hands. I look down at them. It doesn't feel right. But I feel like I should do it for my daughter. "please. i still love you."

"okay." Adam smiles and pulls me into his arms. It's so different. Tom's feel warm and safe. Adam's is just familiar. "Do you want to see Everleigh?"

"yeah. I miss her."

We stand up and Adam takes me hand and we go upstairs and find my bedroom door open. I see Everleigh and see looks up and runs to me.

"hi mommy!" she says as a scoop her up in my arms.

"hey baby. Do you see who's here?" i ask her.

"daddy." she starts to play with me hair.

"give him a hug."

I hand Everleigh over to Adam and she hugs him. She's kind of hesitant to hug him but she does.

"Hi Ev. I missed you." Adam says and rubs her back.

"i missed you too." Everleigh says.

My parents look confused. They see me letting Adam hold Everleigh and us holding hands. I walk over to them.

"we're back together." i tell them.

"why?" my mom ask.

"he's Everleigh's dad. just let me figure out if i'm supposed to be with him or not. I'll be careful. Me and Ev will be living here and Adam with his mom or his own place. Please trust me mom and dad."

"okay. we trust you."

"i trust you. I don't know about him." My dad says.

I look over at Adam holding Everleigh. They are having a conversation about whatever her and my parents did while we were talking. Seeing them warms my heart. I do believe Adam can be a good dad and a good partner. A good partner to me? I don't know but I'll figure it out.

"Lilah? Ev wants to go to the park. Can she?" Adam says.

"Yeah. let me get her shoes and mine and we can go." I tell him and go into my room. I grab our shoes and go downstairs where everyone is. I hand Adam Everleigh's shoes and let him put them on her. I then pick her up and we say bye to my parents.

"are we taking my car or yours?" Adam ask.

"do you have a car seat still?" i ask. he nods. "we'll take yours then. I've driven too much."

We walk to his car and I place Everleigh in the car seat and buckle her in. I get in the front seat next to Adam and he drives to the park. Hand holds my hand while he drives. It doesn't feel natural. It feels forced.

Adam parks the car then get Everleigh out and holds her hand as we walk into the park. I sit down on a bench. I watch as Adam plays with our daughter. he's really good with her. I hope i'm doing the right thing.