Chapter II

"Okay, so what were you thinking?" Mike asked.
   "Um, I kinda liked the idea of adding dance." I said logging onto my computer.
"Yeah!" Said Mike excitedly. "That's a cool idea. So I'm guessing you want to have one of the girls that has a background in dancing?" He asked.
"Maybe." I said. Mike glanced at me confused.
"You haven't decided who you want yet?"
"No, I thought I had it narrowed down, but now I can't decide!" I said running my hand through my hair.
"Hey, it's cool if you don't know Asher, this meeting is gonna help you finalize some of the big decisions." Mike said in a reassuring tone.
"Okay," I said sighing.
"So who do you are you thinking is a no?" Asked Mike.
"Well, I don't want Indiana Massara," I said slowly. "and I researched all of them and I think Jayden is the weakest dancer, so probably not her," I said scrolling through the girls pictures again.
"Okay, this is good! You already know who you don't want!" Mike said.
"Thanks," I said feeling better. "Oh, and I don't want Emily," I added quickly.
"Alright, that leaves Brynn Rumfallo, Kenzie Ziegler, and Annie Leblanc," he said.
"Let me see their pictures," my mom said leaning over seeing my computer screen. I'd written pros and cons for each girl. When she got to Annie's picture she said, "Is that the girl we saw leaving when we came in?"
"Who?" Asked Mike tapping his fingers on the table.
"Annie Leblanc," I said answering Mike, "and yes mom that's her."
"Oh, you met Annie?" Mike asked.
"Not really, I held the door for her and her mom as they were coming out," I said.
"Asher thought she was cute," my mom said in a stage whisper.
"Mom!" My face broke out in a blotchy blush.
Mike laughed.
"What?! You know it's true!" She put her hands up, "You stared after her."
"You're so embarrassing!" I said trying not to smile, and failing miserably.
"That's what mothers are for!" She said ruffling my hair. I swatted her away.
   "Mom!" I said in an exasperated tone. She laughed and sat back down.
   "Based on their looks, who isn't what you're looking for?" Mike asked changing the subject.
   I glanced back at their pictures and stared at each one.
   "Kenzie doesn't quite fit in my head. For some reason I can't picture her in the video." I said feeling awful. I was insulting a girl I had only met once in passing who had been extremely friendly.
   "That's great," said Mike. I really wanted to have two options for the video, this way if one of the girls is too busy too film, we'll have a back up." He said typing on his computer. "So who do you want to ask first?"
   "Uh," I looked at their photos, my brain told me to pick Brynn because she had a film and dance career but my heart told me to pick Annie, she was just so perfect. I tried focusing my eyes on Brynn's photo but they kept straying back to Annie.
   "It's a big decision, I know," said Mike. I glanced up and was met with his patient gaze.
   "Let's ask Annie." I said quickly.
   "Great!" Said Mike, "I'll contact her later today!"
I felt a huge weight lift off my chest, I took a deep breath and grinned. I was going to meet Annie Leblanc. I got a weird feeling in my stomach, like I was going over a bump in the road, but I definitely was sitting still. That was strange. I thought to myself.
   "Asher?" Mike asked.
   "Huh?" I looked up at him hurriedly.
   "Where you at dude?" Mike said grinning at me.
   "Sorry, my mind was, um, wandering," I said starring at Annie's face. What was she doing to me? I hadn't even met her!
   "We noticed," my mom said.
   "Are you ready to discuss the rest of the video?" Mike asked.
   "Yeah," I said.

Later that day

   My phone pinged with an email notification. Pulling open the email app I opened the email from Mike.

   I got in contact with Annie Leblanc, she was very excited at the prospect of working with you! We need you guys to meet to make sure you guys work well together! Have your mom send me some dates that work for you within the next week or two.
       -Mike Orelio

   I went to Instagram and followed her. I really wanted to DM her but I wanted her to follow me back first.
Twenty minutes later a notification popped up on my phone.

   annieleblanc started following you

   I unlocked my phone excitedly and DMed her.

   Asher: hey!
   Annie: hi 😊
   Asher: I'm excited to work with you!
   Annie: me too! I was really excited when Mike asked me if I wanted to do the music video!
   Asher:  can I ask you a random question?
   Annie: of course
   Asher: what's your favorite color?
   Annie: that's not a random question. but mine is sky blue. What's yours?
   Asher: I know this isn't one color, but I love the color of the sky during a sunset.
   Annie: we both like the color of the sky.
   Asher: ☺️
   Asher: k now it's your turn to ask me a question
   Annie: what's a hidden talent you have?
   Asher: I can wiggle my ears
   Annie: 😂 I have double-jointed fingers
   Asher: that's cool!
   Annie: thanks!

   "Asher!" My mom called. "It's time for dinner!"
   "Okay! I'll be down in a second!" I called.

   Asher: hey, my mom said it's time for dinner
   Annie: okay! 😊 ttyl?
   Asher: definitely
   Asher: bye
   Annie: 💛

   I ran downstairs to dinner smiling. I was already falling for her which was either a good thing, or a bad thing.

   Hey guys! Thanks for reading! I totally made up all their favorite colors and their hidden talents, I just thought it was a cute idea. They'll meet officially in the next chapter, so stay tuned!

   ~Lexy