Chapter IV

Chemistry was published on August 3, 2018. Asher and Annie met two weeks before they filmed. Then it was edited for a week and a half before it was posted. (This is a timeline I made up, except for the publishing date!)

Annie's POV

Wednesday-
Asher was coming over to hang out this afternoon and I could not figure out what to wear! I don't usually have trouble figuring out what to wear, and it shouldn't really matter, it was just Asher after all.
It took me fifteen minutes to decide on an outfit, but I ended up choosing a plain black t-shirt and jean shorts.

   "Annie!" My mom called. "Asher just pulled up!" I checked my reflection in the bathroom mirror, and ran downstairs. My mom was just letting him in as I walked into the entryway.
"Hey Annie!" Said Asher his face lighting up when he saw me.
"Hi," I replied. I could feel the warmth start at my ears and spread like a wildfire over my cheeks. Why was I blushing? It's just Asher.
"So I was thinking we could brainstorm a little bit and then hang out." He said, staring straight into my eyes. My stomach fluttered.
"Sounds like fun," I said, "Do you want to come upstairs?"
I led him to the office where I'd left my computer charging, grabbed it and flopped down onto the couch. He sat down next to me and pulled his computer out of his backpack.
"So I thought it might be kind of cool to do an almost vintage theme." Asher said.
I looked up at him he was scrolling through pages upon pages of notes typed on his computer.
"I like it." I said. "How vintage are we talking?"
"I'm not totally sure yet," he said still completely focused. He was so cute when he was busy focusing. Wait, what?! Nevermind, I'm just going to forget everything I just thought.
"That's a lot of notes there," I said gesturing to his screen.
"Oh, yeah. Bit too obsessive?" He asked sheepishly.
I laughed in response, "No, I think it shows your dedication and excitement for your project."
"Thanks," he said with a certain softness in his eyes. Those eyes would certainly be the end of me. Jeez!! Annie! Stop it! Focus on the work!
"You're welcome." I reluctantly turned my eyes away from his and pulled an email from Mike with the link to the soundtrack. I clicked play and it started playing. Asher groaned and I stated laughing.
   "Come on don't play that!" He said.
   "Why? It helps me come with ideas." I replied.
   "It's just weird!" He said an almost whiny tone in his voice. I laughed. He grinned and tried to grab my computer away from me. Still laughing I dodged him and got up from the couch. He shoved his computer aside and launched himself at me. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and pulled down onto the couch with him. We went down laughing. I ended up in his lap. He wrestled my computer out of my grasp and I didn't fight him because I was laughing too hard. He paused it and and I rolled off him holding my sides from laughing. He just grinned at me, shaking his head.
   "You're the worst." He said. I laughed harder at that, if that's even possible.
"I'm sorry," I tried between my giggles.
"It's okay, I can't stay made at you." He winked at me. "Now we really need to get back to work. Once were done we can have fun, but first we need to focus."
"Okay, sounds fair." I said and took my computer from him.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in FOREVER! And I know this chapter is kinda short so I'm sorry about that too! The next chapter will be longer I promise.
If you haven't seen the video I posted at the top GO WATCH IT!!! Thank me later. It is like the freaking cutest thing on planet earth!! 😍😲

-Lexy