Chapter I

Asher's POV

"Wow," I said grinning from ear-to-ear. "That is so cool!" I pulled off the headphones they had given me. My new song, Chemistry, was officially finished! My producer, Mike, had a huge smile on his face, "I'm glad you like it! Now we have to start making preparations for the music video." He said.
"Wait! There's going to be a music video?!" I asked.
"Yeah!" Mike replied laughing. My head was spinning with this new information and my brain was flooded with ideas for the music video.
"So do you have any ideas yet?" Mike asked.
"Tons!" I replied.
"Great," he said smiling, " I'll set up a meeting tomorrow at 2:30 to start some brainstorming." He clicked away at his Apple Watch.
I sat there in shock. This was so cool!
"Alright. We're all set for 2:30 tomorrow." Mike said. "Make sure to write down any ideas you have good or bad."
"Okay," I answered. "Sounds good." I grabbed my backpack and threw it onto my shoulder.
   "See you tomorrow!" Mike called after me.
   "Bye Mike! Thanks!" I turn and wave, but he doesn't see me because he's again fiercely tapping at his phone. My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I pulled it out and glanced at the caller ID. It was my best friends sister, Emily. I clicked the answer button.
   "Hey Em, what's up?"  I said.
   "Hey Ash, I'm good." She said.
   "Did you need something?"
   "Yeah, Instagram prom is coming up and I was curious if you were going slash already have a date?" She said.
   "I'm going, but I still don't have a date." I answered.
   "Why not?" She said layering on fake charm. "Shouldn't a handsome guy like you have tons of girls just begging to be your date?"
   "I mean... maybe?" I didn't like where this conversation was going.
   "Well, I don't have a date either." She added and waited for a response. I didn't answer. I did not want to go prom with Emily. She was kind of clingy and I've known she's liked me since we were like ten.
   "Asher?" She asked.
   "What?" I said my thoughts crashing back into place.
   "Ash!" She said impatiently. "Are you listening to me?" She said her voice filled with an annoying amount of pout.
   "Sorry I'm looking for the car and I got distracted." I lied. "What'd you say?"
   "I was wondering if I don't have a date by prom and you don't have a date by prom, do you wanna go with me?" Her voice is coated with sugary sweetness. I can just picture her twirling her hair around her index finger and batting her lashes.
   "Um, sure, but I'm pretty sure I'll have a date. So you might wanna try and find one." I replied desperately. I mean I know I'm her best friends with her brother, but SERIOUSLY?!
   "Okay." She said sounding satisfied. "What color is your bow tie gonna be." She asked, but I could tell it want really a question. "I'm wearing turquoise, so I'll find you a matching bow tie." She added quickly.
   "Em! I don't even know if I'm going to prom with you yet!" Why was she so frustrating?!
   "By Ashie! Talk to you later." She said ignoring my comment. The line clicked dead and I rolled my eyes and hung up.

The Next Day

I'd stayed up late brainstorming ideas for the music video. I got an email from Mike saying something about having a girl in it and that I should check out a few popular, teen social media influencers. He gave me a couple names.
Brynn Rumfallo ~ 15