①③✢ ωσяк ωιтн мε, ησт αgαιηsт мε

❝ Hey Captain, hate to break it to you

❝ Hey Captain, hate to break it to you... Cosmic was probably right. Splitting the group by genders is probably an awful plan, ❞ Crux voiced out her thoughts, walking around with her weapon ready to materialise at hand.

Grumbling, Starling was not having any of it though as she as still left in a fit of pique and didn't provide any indication of an incoming, willing verbal input, because the mention of her fiancé's name riled her blood up even more to the core ‒ reminding her of every little detail that went down in those halls before this intrusion. Almost nothing at all seemed to be enough to cool down her steaming volcanic-like emotions. She was overwhelmed with so many feelings, that her every thought was being all jumbled up and utterly muddy. At the back of her mind, she could somewhat understand where Crux was going from with her implication, but her pride and anger was clouding her judgment at the moment.

Ironic how Cosmic, out of all people, was the one able to drag her out of her trace earlier.

And now without him, her head just got all fuzzy again.

Soras spoke up for the first time after her oh so huge, yet controversial secret was blown, ❝ And I'm not even a fighter.

❝ Oh shut your whining, ❞ Perseus sighed, surveying their quiet surroundings ‒ too quiet for any of their preference, that was for sure. She added to break off the oddly killer tranquillity surrounding them, ❝ You know... I might have some fault for treating Cosmic wrong, but you lady truly messed up. ❞

❝ You should try winning the heart of a guarded male, ❞ Soras challenged, narrowing her indigo eyes as she faced the other head-on.

With furrowed eyebrows, Perseus growled, ❝ You're calling my Meddie an easy jewel? ❞

The two paused in the middle of the journey to stare at each other heatedly. Starling didn't bother to intervene a women's brawl, which would usually let all these disgusting feelings out and done ‒ essentially getting whatever problem over with, but Crux apparently had an opposing view from hers. She halted and twisted her body back when she realised that Crux didn't trail after her, standing there with her hand tightly gripping onto her unprojected weapons. Before anyone could raise fists though, Crux stepped in between them with a groan.

❝ Can you two stop squabbling about your love lives in front of my single ass? Plus, we're in the middle of an attack, ❞ snapped the flaming red-eyed female.

Shooting one last glare at Soras, Perseus then huffed out, ❝ We can settle this later.

Yeah yeah, ❞ Soras muttered begrudgingly.

If Starling didn't knew any better, Crux's behaviour lately was most likely the result of hanging around with Cosmic too much, because breaking up an unneeded brainless fight like this was such a Cosmic-like thing to do. The idea of them meeting up at nights ‒ especially when the male would be late to return had almost fogged up her earlier thoughts of how Cosmic basically shunned hardships of the gender of a female kind over a male. She bit down her tongue at her own ridiculousness for being so inconsistent with her own mind, since jumping to conclusions of that issue in a dire time like this was rather stupid.