①⑤✢ ηεωs ғℓαsн, αcтισηs нαvε cσηsεqυεηcεs

Starling blinked awake with a groan, feeling rather confused when she sat up from the hard, cold floor

Starling blinked awake with a groan, feeling rather confused when she sat up from the hard, cold floor. All her thoughts of what was happening were muddled up, arranged in such a poor and morbid way. The ceiling of this room she laid in was definitely not her own bedroom, even if the blanket that was draped comfortably and neatly around her clearly came from her sleeping chambers ‒ which was the main source of her perplexion. Once she looked around in a swirling daze, she eventually realized that this was the mini-clinic of the ship, as healing pods surrounded her.

How the hell did she end up here ?

Wasn't she on her bed ?

All she could remember was how she couldn't sleep well, and that was quite often nowadays. She honestly had no clue why, which infuriated her more.

Glancing at the dimly lighted pod beside her, the burning emptiness struck Starling as odd because it represented something else within her before she eventually remembered who was supposed to be inside. A low, bitter grumble erupted from her throat as she stood up abruptly to her two feet, not even caring to check the other pods. The golden star-filled blanket that was laid on top of her chest nearly fell off from the brisk movement, but her hands moved faster, clutching it against her face accidentally. She inhaled a familiar, yet very faint scent that soothed her racing mind.

Cosmic's blanket.

That could only mean he got out of his pod when she was asleep.

Huffing, she then pulled the blanket securely over her shoulders and headed off to her room in slow steps.

The walk was long and serene, but more than enough for Starling to finally clear her head. She recalled being unable to sleep as per usual, tossing and turning on the bed furiously. It didn't help how her blanket was still not returned yet and Cosmic's blanket was nowhere to be seen, until now, for her to steal it because she remembered handing hers off to Esther, who was in the middle of cleaning two days ago or so. Drama and procrastination were written all over the delay of her blanket's return. She figured it was Cosmic's annoying scent all over her own blanket that was making her feel so restless, and that a good wash up would do the trick. For some reason though, she instinctively got up and went to the room of healing pods, instead of going to find her blanket. And she had to admit, she slept better in the mini-clinic, strangely, even if it was a short one.

Opening the doors with her hand print, she was not only greeted with a sleeping Cosmic on the couch, but the scent that calmed her ‒ only stronger.

After a while, Starling snapped herself out of her lingering trace when she came to the realisation that she was staring for way too long, still rooted to the spot in front of the doors. Her eyes were unconsciously scanning Cosmic's curled up figure from head to toe, whilst picking up the aroma of what felt like a combination of nicely fitted scents through her nose that caused mixed sirens to go off in her head. She reasoned her staring to only be because of how she almost would never see Cosmic so vulnerable like this in the same room as her, and to see Cosmic knocked out on the couch was a new sight. Normally, Cosmic wouldn't show up here during nightfall since he slept elsewhere.