Chapter 3

01-05 (Wednesday)

Yesterday was full of confusions. I don't know why Xander wanna be my friend, he doesn't appear friendly in the first place.It's all too sudden, I'm not used to it. Because I've never been in this position before.

I started my day just like the usual, i think i don't have to tell you all about this, but i just wanna make the story longer, sorry. So the point is i'm going to school, go to class and attend it like a good student, and when the lunch break come, i'm going to the canteen with my friends. Yes friends, now my comfort and safe zone has been invaded by Xander.

He's popular so of course when he started to hang out with me in the canteen on lunch break, his friend decide to tag along. Me being the introvert self i am, excused myself because i don't wanna deal with people. I don't even wait for their answer and just rushed to the bathroom. And after a while i go back to class just as the bell ringing.

Who am i fooled. When i sit on my seat xander start asking me an obvious questions.

"Hey where did you go just now?" He's poking my shoulder with his pen. What's with people poking me with their pen?. "Were you just avoiding me?"

"God, no. Who the hell told you that?" I answer him with irritated expression.

"Really? I thought you hate me."

"Of course no."

"Okay." Why do i feel like a bad guy here?

"Hey listen, i don't hate you. There's no reason for me to hate you. It's just-" I pause. Feeling nervous all of a sudden. "I don't feel comfortable around people i don't know." I answer just as the teacher come in. 

"Okay I understand. Sorry." i don't expect him to understand, don't get a wrong idea Reine. He's like this to anyone, he's just too kind. I turn my attention to the teacher before i think of something weird. It's not really hard though. I already forgot about him until school over.

.

.

.

I was walking to the parking lot with Sam and Frey while chatting and laughing at something thats not even funny when i think about it again. And then we decided to go to this new cafe, 3 blocks away from my house.

"Hey should we ask Xander to go with us? He's our friend now. Because he's friend with Reine, so technically he is our friend too. Right Sam?" Sometimes i hate Frey for coming up with a bad idea that i agreed at the end and quickly regret it.

"Yup. He doesn't look that bad after all. Maybe your action toward him last week change him." Did Sam just wink at me? Everyone- no, EVERYTHING is getting weirder after Xander appear in my life without a warning.

"Go on call him. You have his number right Reine?" Frey ask me.

"Uhm yes." I took my phone out hesitantly and start searching for Xander in my contact.

I look at Frey and Sam when i finally found it, give them 'what should i do now' face.

"Don't be such a coward Reine, c'mon." Sam pressed the call button and smile at me. "Show me what you got."

I gulped and put the phone closer to my ear. I swear i've never been this nervous this past 2 month, except that time when i have to introduce myself in front of the whole class.

"Hello." I greet him nervously.

"Hi Reine, 'sup? You never call me before."

"I know, it's just-... uh... Do you uhh... nevermind.b-" Just as I going to hung up, someone snatched my phone.