5 telling jesse

i enjoy that entire night, just chilling and laughing with everyone. i end up getting to know jesse a lot more and we have a good laugh every now and again. eventually the question comes of what i do for a living and i gulp. "i'll tell you another time in private" i say and smile and he looks at me confused. "what do you mean?" he asks, totally engaged. "it's uh, never mind. i'll tell you another time" i say, trying to brush it off. if i told him now, everyone would end up knowing and i don't really want that. i'm also kinda scared to tell jesse cause over the past few hours i've really gotten to know him well and he's a super sweet person. i'm scared that if i tell him, his views of me will change and i won't be able to become good friends with him.

"lana, you can tell me" he says, looking into my eyes. "in private" i say and he sighs. "wanna come round to mine?" he asks and i chuckle at his determination to find out. "i kinda can't, harrisons my ride home" i tell him. "i'll run you home, don't worry about that" he says and i smile. "sure, why not" i say and shrug. i've got nothing better to do and besides, i wanna get to know this kid. we say goodbye and pay for our drinks and we arrive at his car. we chat about a few thing before shortly arriving at his place in north bondi.

he gives me a quick house tour and offers me a hot chocolate which i take from him. "so. tell me" he says referring to the whole youtube thing. "i don't want you to look at me in a different way but uh i'm a youtuber" i tell him and his eyes grow wide and he genuinely looks interested. "no way! that's so sick!" he says and i take a sigh of relief at his reaction. "please don't tell anyone else. harrison and tahlia know but i don't want anyone else to" i say and he shakes his head. "i won't, you can trust me" he says and i thank him. i end up showing him my social media and my youtube and he is blown away by the number of subscribers i have.

"that is incredible lana. honestly, i haven't known you for long but i can tell you are a dedicated and determined person. it looks like you have a vision for your future and you're making it a reality" he says and i smile widely. "that may have been the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me" i say and he smiles and opens his arms for a hug. this guy is someone special. i have a feeling.