Part 5 Snowball Fight

The next day, the group remained tired and quiet despite Danny having made pancakes. It was then that Will discovered that her husband, though he thanked Danny and ate his plate, preferred bitter things over sweets. Taranee was still jumpy and kept as far a distance as possible while trying to suppress one yawn after another. Hay-Lyn felt awful for forgetting to lock the door and offered to stand guard while Taranee took a nap to catch up on her sleep; which Taranee gladly accepted. Right after breakfast, the young fire-witch excused herself to her room for a nap; she hadn't slept a single minute after finding Janet staring down at her in the dark.

The others hadn't fared much better than Taranee.

Hay-Lyn had attempted to stay up with Taranee but fell asleep near the early hours of dawn. Elyon kept waking up at the slightest sound of the cabin, which also included Irma's chainsaw-like snores. Irma cheated; she had secretly taken a sleeping pill. She had taken some with her when she knew Danny would be at the cabin and remembered how Danny enjoyed blasting music late at night, which she still did. Lastly, Will only managed to get some sleep because her husband had moved the dresser in front of the door to block it. Still, it had been an uneasy night for all involved. Furthermore, no one wanted to stay in the cabin any longer, but no one wanted to insult Sheela and abandon Danny. They could tell that Danny, even though she hid it well, was scared to be at the cabin with Janet and Sheela. In the past two days, she had gotten quieter and jumpier. Luckily, it had stopped snowing and Danny suggested everyone, who was awake enough, get out and enjoy the winter weather before it got too cold to step foot outside. Except for Taranee and Hay-Lyn, everyone agreed and got their coats while Sheela took Janet to the living room to sit on the sofa and pet the strange child's head.

The winter air outside was cool, crisp, and carried a hint of charcoal that winter always carried with it. Irma, despite the previous day's events, was glad to stretch her legs and immediately jumped into the white, fluffy, snow. Will was more than happy to help her friend gather the snow for a family of snowmen. Without Hesitation, she began to gather snow to roll it into snowmen. Danny was more restrained; she simply kicked at the snow and wondered around to hear the snow crumple under her feet. Phobos wasn't much for fun in the snow, he preferred leaning against the wooden railing of the porch and watching his wife enjoy her time in the snow. Elyon wasn't sure what she wanted to do. Part of her wanted to join her friends in the snow but, at the same time, she didn't want to leave her brother alone. She still felts awkward around him and didn't know what to say or do when near him. Leaning against the railing beside her brother, she looked at her friends having fun.

"Don't you want to join them in the fun?" Phobos asked his sister with a raised eyebrow.

"Wouldn't you be left out? You are just standing here, doing nothing."

"What do you mean? I am watching my wife and her friends building snowmen. I don't really have the energy for much else because of last night." He replied and kept his eyes on Will, who was bending over to help Irma pick up a ball of snow for the snowman's torso.

"I have a question." Said Elyon and turned to face her brother. He, however, kept his eyes on Will.

"I have an answer." Was his reply.

"I heard that you were poisoned and are therefore bound to Will...but why did you choose to marry her? Do you really love her?"

"Do you really want an honest answer to that?" he asked, finally taking his eyes off Will to look at his sister.

"Well...Will is my friend and she helped save me from you. So, naturally, I want to make sure she is happy."

"In that case, you are six months late for that concern. Aside from that, I work too much, she hasn't voiced many complaints about being married to me."