Nightmare #2

THUD

I winced as my back collided with the metal lockers before I fell to my feet. My knees buckled beneath me at the sudden motion causing me to collapse onto the ground. He grabbed one of my pigtails and yanked my head up to meet his eyes. Those deep blue oceans I once longed to explore every depth of, now icicles piercing into me.

"Leave me alone Dave I said we're over," I struggled to choke out.

"We're not over Ann! I'm not through with you!"

BANG

He slammed a fist into the lockers near my head making me jump. I whimpered, trying my hardest to hold back the tears threatening to spill out.

"You said you loved me Ann! You said you would marry me! You said we would start a family together! You said you'd never leave me!"

With each sentence he fired another blow at the lockers. A sob escaped from my lips and I squeeze my eyes shut.

"You have no right to be mad, you cheated on me-"

"IT WAS ONE TIME!"

His hands grasped my throat, his grip tightening. My hands flew to his, desperately trying to pull them off, tears racing down my cheeks.

I've never seen him like this before. He looks psychotic. Him. The boy I loved with all my heart. The one I swore my life to. He's the same boy who'll be the death of me.

My heart rate accelerated.

He's a snake. He's always been a snake. Seeking me out, luring me in, just to eat me. 

My breathing quickened.

No I can't go. I'm not ready to go. I can't die like this. Get away from me. I can't die like this.

"Dave get off me. Stop, you're choking me," I choked out.

"I can't live without you baby. You gotta give me another chance, please. I need you."

"Get away from me."

"Ann I've never loved anyone the way I love you. What about the kids Ann? Remember little Timmy and Rhea? They can't exist without you. Baby-"

I grabbed his balls and squeezed them as hard as I could.

"GAH!"

He fell back, clutching his parts and I wasted no time in running off.

Gotta find the principal, a teacher, another kid, ANYONE but him. I can't go back. I can't. I can't.